1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2: Is there are good point to compare DTS to DD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jon Weaver, Sep 27, 2000.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    Has anyone found a good example in T2 which really shows the benifits of DTS over DD?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the age old question which will probably never be answered. In the THX trailer I felt that DD had a more boomy bass and DTS had a tighter bass. I also felt that the DTS version had a slightly higher top-end with some music a little more pronounced. That's my opinion though and other people may hear it differently to me. To put it another way, both soundtracks rock!! So both the DTS and DD fans will be very happy indeed.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    I think one of the best scenes in T2 for a demo in any format comes very near the beginning, just B4 Arnie apears.

You get the wind rustling and all the cups and stuff blow around.

Many years back when I purchased my very first pro-logic amp it was T2 on laserdisc that was used as a demo.

At first I saw it on the Denon ( top range budget model at the time ) and the sound was soooooo clear. Second demo was on a Yamaha ( again the top budget model ).

It was the Yamaha that I purchased and then spent months wishing I had paid more attention to the bloody demo. The sound on the Denon in this scene was great and the Yamaha was not subtle enough. But it did cope better with the action.

Anyway 6 years or so later I now have my Denon A1 and I have the best of both worlds !

4. 1dazgwinn

1dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the age old question and maybe the answer is really what the preson listerning decides which is best.I'm certainly a big DTS fan and i really think that the DTS verson is by far much better,but hey,Dolby Digital is really good.The comparison i feel is somewhat similar when Saving Private Ryan came out.One of my mates swears by the DD verson and cannot see what i'm going on about when i talk about the DTS one.Ithink that now we are in a good postion of having dual sounds on disc's and i ,for one ,want more!

5. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found most, if not all of the DTS version to be better. Listen to the extra detail right through the film. Try the scene where the T-1000 rides his bike through the window to jump on to the helicopter. I know this film VERY well! & there are sounds in the DTS version that just aren't there in the Dolby mix. As DTSfan said though, either version is a corker!
    ----------------------------------------
    www.baldyplex.com