1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2 I Thought There Were No Cuts

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tiggy, Oct 31, 2001.

1. tiggy

tiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI There,

Just lately I've recieved Terminator2, (R2) I, choose this version over (R1) as I was told there were no apparent differences, only I noticed a cut, and it's one of my favourite scenes (It's where sarah is Dreaming, and she's chasing Kyle, and then she see's herself at the Park playing with baby John) only the Bas***** have cut out the scene where everything catches Fire and explodes, including Sarah, WHY ?
    This sort of thing really does P*** me off, this is the only Cut I've noticed, (so far) are there any more? It would'nt surprise me, and why don't they state on the box that there are Cuts. And Why is this Film rated 15 ,surely they could of included this scene and then have a 18 certiciate.

P.S
    I bet this cut is'nt on (R1)

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,182
    wasn't that one of the deleted scene's.....??

which can be inserted back into the film using the easter egg, of typing 82997 on the menu of the film.

3. DaveG

DaveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think that is on the R1 disc only. Have a look at page 2 of this forum someone has posted a comparison between R1 and R2.

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    this could just be me but why the fuc,k have they cut t anyway.no wonder everyone buys region1 it really ****es me off to by the way about the cuts :devil:

5. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Are you *sure* this has been cut. I have the R1 so I can't say for sure, but I think it's highly unlikely.
    As I remember this scene takes place earlier in the film and cuts just before the explosion (during the dream while she's still in the hospital). Later (she dreams while in the desert), you get to see the whole thing.

That's the way I remember it anyway. HAve you watched the whole film yet?

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,608
    I spoke to the authoring house, and T2 R2 is not cut.

7. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone noticed on the R2 that the intercut of some of the new scenes there is a visible jump cut. At first i thought it was a layer change but no it wasnt until i noticed another jump cut at another new scene but could not find the layer change on my toshiba 1ooe in which you can hear the change and see the slight pause in the picture. Does anyone know where the layer change is and the time reading ?

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I'm goign to state the obvious here.

If you've got a multi-region player, you should have no reason to buy the R2 edition of "Terminator 2"! Period!

If you haven't got a multi-region player, then get your player chipped now!

Waiting 18 months, for an inferior product, as all R2-only owners have just done with the "Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition", is stupid and another kick-in-the-nads from the R2 DVD industry bods!

Stop supporting such products!!! Buy Region 1, and get (the majority) of your films uncut, anamorphic, and way before R2 owners!

Pooch

9. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    well said Pooch:D

10. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If you buy the R1 edition (as everyone should) You'll find there are 2 versions. Theatrical version and special edition. The special edition adds over 15 minuites of additional scenes to the theatrical version. Included are the kyle dream, and the scene where Sarah is given a hard time by the wardens.

Rob.

11. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    + a 3rd version also incorporated by means of seamless branching.

12. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    This is not a cut, the scene was ADDED to the T-1000 edition which was released later. The region 1 release has the original version, the T-1000 version and a further extended version.

Mind you, I was under the impression that the UK release was going to be the T-1000 edition, hmmmmm. Never mind I got the region 1 DVD18 version :cool:

13. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Right on PoochJD,

I just got shafted by "The Predator" boxset (Region 2). I bought it because all the info I could find said it was uncut, but a week after, I found out that rather than producing a new version for the UK the distributors had just used a CUT european version rather than resubmitting to the Censors and not bothered to tell us the public. This so annoyed me that I will not buy Region 2 again. We seem to have to pay more money over here for DVD's that have less running time on them, Pointless!:mad: