1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2 Extreme HiDef DVD Activation

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Comer, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have read the threads here and quite a bit on AVS regarding this but after two hours of trying last night I had no success. I changed my regional and time zone settings to USA. Got RegionKiller running (not sure if that was really necessary) and then began a search for USA proxy servers. I finally found one that would allow me to browse the net and thought I was in business. At the registration process I am told to click OK to download the licence and then a new dialog box appears telling me to click OK again. Then an Internet Explorer window appears with a link named Upgrade (or something like that). I click this link and then nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to simply start trying different proxy servers.

I know this has been done to death but I'm sure that I'm not the only one still having problems with this.

Thanks

Conor

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    No your not. I'd love to find a way too. I'm amazed no one appears to have found a hack or whatever to get round this and remove not only the US location bit but also just to remove the registration need at all.

Anyone?

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,122
    Anyone looked over on avs? I'm sure there was a thread which covered the proxy server issue in detail.

Gary

4. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I must of gone thro about 30 odd USA/Canadian proxy servers and none off them worked,it would appear that the anon ones have now been barred ,some people are lucky and they get it working quite quickly I was unlucky and gave up and haven't tried since.
    Though I might try again now I've got a Panny AE500 PJ,if any ones got a known working proxy it would be nice to know it !!
    Rob

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just after I received my copy of T2 ExtEd (thank you Microsoft :), finding a proxy was easy. MS then started blocking activations from proxies.

I haven't tried T2 in HiDef for ages but may look into it in the next few days.

Also be aware that the "licence" only lasts for a week IIRC, then it's off to find another working proxy :(

If a proxy has been used for several activations, MS automatically "blacklist" or block it so posting details of a working proxy here will mean it won't work for very long.

:smoke: