1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2 extreme edition in HD Windows Media format!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pj, Apr 12, 2003.

1. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +312
    posted this here as it is more relevant to us hcpc people!
    the new region1 terminator 2 extreme edition will contain the movie in high defintion format playable on the pc via windows media player 9!
    if u cant wait to try it order "Standing in the Shadows of Motown"
    as disc 2 apparently has the movie in the new format!

from ign.com
    April 09, 2003 - Today the final specs for Artisan's upcoming re-re-release of Terminator 2: Judgment Day arrived and they confirmed a long-running rumor that the DVD would include a high-definition version of the film using a Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 file.

This may sound strange to you, but it is actually quite cool. Microsoft has developed a low-bitrate HD compression codec that is just now being experimented with on some Artisan DVDs. It allows high-def quality video on the same amount of disc space as a regular single-layer DVD. Artisan's Standing in the Shadows of Motown includes a Windows Media Player 9 version of the film in high-def on disc two. Not only does it look incredible; it only takes up about 3 gigs on the disc.

Naturally, you'll need some horsepower to correctly run these files on your PC. You'll need at least a 1.8ghz Pentium 4 with a nice chunk of RAM and a 5.1 compatible soundcard to take advantage of the audio. However, if you have all of that the high-def version looks a lot nicer than running the regular DVD on your PC.

Here are the complete, and final, specs for the upcoming T2: Extreme Edition

2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer digitally mastered from a brand-new 1080p, 24sf high-definition digital telecine transfer.

Dolby Digital 5.1 EX audio.

Dolby headphone audio track

All-new audio commentary by James Cameron and co-screenwriter William Wisher.

Extreme interactive mode with graphic commentary and behind-the-scenes footage

16 minutes of additional scenes.

"No Feat But What We Make": an all-new documentary.

"T2: On the Set" retrospective montage

"T2: High Definition": the complete theatrical version of the film in Microsoft Windows Media 9 series, playable in high resolution and 5.1 sound directly from your PC

Infiltration Unit Simulator and T2 FX Studio: morph your imported images into a T-1000 or T-800 Terminator

Skynet Combat Chassis Designer: Construct and field-test your own ultimate fighting machine and track your progress online

THX optimizer

Metal collectible sculpture embossed package

:clap:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the PQ is still screwed up with EE, what's the point? Wow- better resoultion- but what's this annoying halo effect.

3. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I download the wm9 and some of the demo's especially the surfing one last night, surfing file is zipped at 120 mb and only lasts 4 mins !!!!(Actual 3mins and 2sec) Also grabbed the pinball and snowboarding demo. Seemed to be free of blurry pans and judder and Oh not a jaggie in sight.

Looks like i'll be buying T2 then..........................

Rgds

Nathan

4. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nathan, did not seem to be any Haloing on the demo, would hope that EE will die with SD

5. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    That might just be the excuse to buy a 30 inch LCD that i'm looking for :)

6. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Does anyone have the actual details of this? i.e what the size of the windows media file will be (in pixels)?

"playable in high resolution" is a bit vague!

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Its 1080i I think .

1920x1080 per frame I think.

8. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    umm, i thought this was created from a normal DD 5.1 track by a processor (eg. my powerDVD) into 2 channels of virtual surround for headphones

so is this track a 2 channel track with the processing alreday done to create a virtual surround through headphones without the need for a dolby headphone processor?
    :confused:

also, abit OT but does dolby headphone work on DTS tracks? im thinking about my version of powerDVD when listening to DTS track with dolby headphone enabled

thanks

9. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good question, but seeing as the surround headphone functionality is by Dolby (i.e. Dolby Headphone), I'd say it's unlikely to work satisfactorily with DTS.

I swore I'd never buy another copy of T2 (have 4 now from early VHS versions to The Ultimate Region 1 DVD Ed.), but HD......in whatever format (& I'm a HCPC man)...

Looks like they've got me hooked... the buggers..:rotfl: