1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T2. Delivery from play 247 ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jonny, Aug 29, 2000.

1. jonny

jonny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have a date of when play will be stocking the disc?

Thanx for any help.

Jon

2. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I emailed them about it and this is the reply I got [​IMG]ear Michael,

We have provided information to our customers on this issue just as quickly as we received it ourselves. We were expecting receipt of the discs by today but only found out from our suppliers this morning that there would be a delay. Apparently the studios were totally unprepared for the popularity of the title and have been unable to press sufficient discs in time to meet demand.

The studio also changed the format of the title at the last minute, from one DVD-18 to two DVD-9 discs. Although a number of DVD-18 discs had already been pressed. We are completely powerless to influence the studio on their choice of format, although in fact most of our customers are pleased with the change as they would prefer to receive the two disc version of the title.

I'm unsure under the circumstances what we could have done to improve the situation. I realise that we are your point of contact in the whole chain but these events are completely out of our control and we've done all that we could to keep our customers as well informed as possible.

If you can suggest how we could have handled the situation better then I welcome your comments.

Regards,

David.

I do not find this acceptable for a disc of this magnitude. Cancel and go elswhere, like I did.

------------------
    You tried and failed miserably. the lesson is - Never Try. Here endeth the lesson.

3. RobT

RobT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh cr*p! I was looking forward to a DVD-18 but from the sounds of it not many suppliers will have them at Play's £18.

Cheers

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I personally think everyone is blaming the wrong people!!

The ones at fault here are Artisan!!!

How on Earth can they say that they didn't estimate how popular the title would be so they didn't press enough????

Dont they keep an eye on the scene...it is all everyone has been talking about for the last three months!!!

I personally think a few stern e-mails should be winging their way to Artisan for their short-sightedness rather than at the companies we ordered the discs from!!!

------------------
    " Sunset's are beautiful, new born babies are beautiful, this....this is fuc*ing spectacular!"

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

5. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Put things into perspective. I have been using PLAY for ages and have never had any bad service from them in the past and do NOT regard this as bad service.

For gods sake it IS ONLY a FILM.

Can u suggest how they could handle this any better ? I think not. They are charging a bloody good price for this title and I think they are doing all they can. From previous examples of there excellent service I am willing to bet that the staff at PLAY are non to happy about this, but thats life.

You will get your film, but just have to wait, so what, just wait.

Oh and mickrick, i dont wanna sound hateful but its gonna be funny if the same happens with your new order [​IMG]

I side with JASON, PLAY only ordered what they were asked to by there customers and have been let down by there suppliers.

Look at the big picture. People are starving, people are killing each other for no reason, young girls are getting abducted and murdered and YOU are moaning about not getting a film.

There is definatly something wrong with some people.

Oh and im sorry if I sound a little outraged but i get wound up by stupid people who have nothing better to moan about

6. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Originally posted by DuncanWardle:

Quote: Put things into perspective. I have been using PLAY for ages and have never had any bad service from them in the past and do NOT regard this as bad service.

Reply: I have used Play myself on many occasions. Put it this way, if you went into Woolies to buy a movie and they didn't have it, but Dixons next door did, would you wait for Woolies to get it into stock before you bought it? Hypothetical I know, but relevant all the same.

Quote: For gods sake it IS ONLY a FILM.

Reply: I agree it is only a movie, but, putting things in a home cinema perspective, I still find Play's handling of the issue quite shoddy.

Quote: Can u suggest how they could handle this any better ? I think not.

Reply: Wrong! I have already made several suggestions to Play regarding their handling of the issue. I've emailed their reply to my suggestions to you. If I could mail a bottle of Ketchup for your humble pie, I would.

Quote: They are charging a bloody good price for this title and I think they are doing all they can. From previous examples of there excellent service I am willing to bet that the staff at PLAY are non to happy about this, but thats life.

Reply: I agree.

Quote: You will get your film, but just have to wait, so what, just wait.

Reply: Other suppliers have it in stock, why not Play then?

Quote: Look at the big picture. People are starving, people are killing each other for no reason, young girls are getting abducted and murdered and YOU are moaning about not getting a film.

Reply: Then I suggest you move to a forum that discusses humanitarian issues rather than home cinema ones.

Quote: There is definatly something wrong with some people.

Reply: Horse for courses m8.

------------------
    You tried and failed miserably. the lesson is - Never Try. Here endeth the lesson.

7. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Yawn.....
    Im sorry i really cant be bothered to even retort to any of that. I have to be up at 5 for work, maybe 2morrow.
    Anyway in the mean time check out my thread about annoying things.
    Oh and for the record its my hobby to.
    Has been for years. Dont wanna turn it into a bragging much but i own tons of videos, dvd and LDs and not one have i worried about getting. Except perahps a metal star wars trilogy video box set from b4 the special editions [​IMG]
    You ask me in my email to you to chill out, im not then one venting my spleen and becoming a stressed eric cos play cant get me my film.
    Take it easy and until next time goodnight

8. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm delighted it's a dvd 9. I have a Pioneer DVD727 changer so double sided disks are a bit of a pain!

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine from Amazon the day they listed it. It cost $26.69 (incl postage with 7 other discs). No customs charges, not the quickest delivery, 2xDVD9, no dents.

Does any of this matter?

No.

I'm just pleased to have a DTS copy of a very enjoyable film.

[This message has been edited by PeteH (edited 19-09-2000).]

10. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan -

I'm with you pal all the way on this.

Some people have no sense of perspective...

11. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't see how you can blame Play for the lack of supply. I've used them whenever they have a disc comparable in price to Box Office, as you usually get the disc (if in stock)in about 4 days. In this case £17.99 was amazingly good value. I got mine about a week ago.

---------------------------------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

12. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Got mine yesterday DVD 18 and no dents from play.
    cheers

------------------
    And the monkey flips the switch.

13. SteveH

SteveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine yesterday, but was too knackered to watch it last night as I've been working. So tonights the night......I think I've waited longer than most, but to be honest that sort of thing don't bother me. It's not like I ain't got other things to be gettin on with.
    If someone orders a film and sits in every night waiting for it, then IMHO your life's already over.

Goodbye

H

Wha dya say wha dya know ?

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine yesterday and i aint even got my multiregion player yet [​IMG]
    took it round to a m8's and I'm well impressed, dvd 18 with tin in perfect condition (play247 delivers the goods!)

------------------
    The Torch

JSI Hardware