• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

T-valdeuc-3009.2

lelle81

Standard Member
New samsung firmware is released:

T-VALDEUC-3009.2

1. Title
2010 PDP C65** & 7*** Firmware for sefl-upgrade
2. Applicable Model
PS**C6000 7000 series
3. Description
T-VALDEUC-3009.2

- Optimization to find the Service Channel for SkyD (Germany, Austria , Swiss Region)
- Improve ''11 Skype(MoIP) Camera screen is not showed
- When turning off and on after recording Guide plus (Only Italy)
- Improve Samsung Digital Camera''s specific MJPEG movie clip is not playbacked

Anyone brave enough to test if this gives a better 3D experience :)

shadieb

Anybody tried this yet? I have engineers replacing the mainboard and a piar of 3D glasses on my PS63C7000 on Monday, and I reckon its going to have the new firmware already loaded on it. At least with my current mainboard and 3003 firmware I can watch 3D with minimal crosstalk.

dankly

Standard Member
Ive downloaded it but it wont recognise the unarchived files when I try to update via USB....

...anyway, shouldn't the TV be able to find it through the update via online selection???

Mine says no update available but obviously there is.

If it wasnt for the (2D) picture on these things id have gotten rid of it ages ago.

Last edited:

redshift50

Okay,just tried it again,forgot you have to run the exe file to get the folder etc,
works fine now,although tv would not see usb when I plugged it in so did the update manually,
It resets tv back to factory settings,not checked everything as yet but the 3d mode seems to be okay etc...

dankly

Standard Member
Okay,just tried it again,forgot you have to run the exe file to get the folder etc,.

Hmm...Ive extracted the folder. There is one sub folder called 'IMAGE' and a bunch of files in that. Do you have any other seperate files in the 'T-VALDEUC' folder along with the 'IMAGE' folder or is it only the folder marked 'IMAGE'

redshift50

Hmm...Ive extracted the folder. There is one sub folder called 'IMAGE' and a bunch of files in that. Do you have any other seperate files in the 'T-VALDEUC' folder along with the 'IMAGE' folder or is it only the folder marked 'IMAGE'

just run the t-valdeuc-3009.2.exe on your pc etc,it will give you a folder named
t-valdeuc them just copy it to a usb memory stick etc,and update on your tv...

dankly

Standard Member
just run the t-valdeuc-3009.2.exe on your pc etc,it will give you a folder named
t-valdeuc them just copy it to a usb memory stick etc,and update on your tv...

Yeah I think thats the problem...I dont own a PC. Im using stuffit expander on mac which has worked in the past but not now for some reason. You'd think samsung would get with the program and write updates that crossed platforms.

Anyway Ive given up...cant be that special anyway, can it?

dankly

Standard Member
Ok its worked. The problem being I had formatted my usb drive using the ExFat format in Disk Utility and not the MS-DOS (FAT) selection which was the one that was supposed to be used to format drives for the samsung.

Ill give 3D a crack tomorrow and see if its any better.

redshift50

Yeah I think thats the problem...I dont own a PC. Im using stuffit expander on mac which has worked in the past but not now for some reason. You'd think samsung would get with the program and write updates that crossed platforms.

Anyway Ive given up...cant be that special anyway, can it?

yeah they should cater for all platforms etc,if you want can post it on a cd if you
pm me your address etc,think its a bit on the large size to email(132meg)?.

dankly

Standard Member
Cheers for the offer..much appreciated.

Yeah..usually I reformat everytime before an upgrade but for some reason my last format was ExFat???

All good..cheers

dankly

Standard Member
Well after a TV firmware update and a bluray firmware update samsung have finally made me eat my words.

Best 3D image ive seen yet. Just watched Tron and all I can say is wow! Zero cross talk on near and far images, crystal clear with near perfect depth reproduction. Brilliant...well done samsung you may have finally cracked it.

Last edited:

redshift50

Well after a TV firmware update and a bluray firmware update samsung have finally made me eat my words.

Best 3D image ive seen yet. Just watched Tron and all I can say is wow! Zero cross talk on near and far images, crystal clear with near perfect depth reproduction. Brilliant...well done samsung you may have finally cracked it.

Ooops,not tested my Blu-Ray,guess I will have to update it as well,

TranceFan

this is, i think, down to the source, rather than Samsungs firmware update. Test it on sources where crosstalk is much more prevalent (on the C-series) eg.. resi evil, drive angry 3d, monsters vs aliens, the underwater 3d docs.

No difference for me, in either sync problems or crosstalk

I was also hoping that one day samsung would allow me to select 3d modes from the youtube app.

dankly

Standard Member
TranceFan said:
this is, i think, down to the source, rather than Samsungs firmware update. Test it on sources where crosstalk is much more prevalent (on the C-series) eg.. resi evil, drive angry 3d, monsters vs aliens, the underwater 3d docs.

Monsters v aliens was alway fine for me. Res evil was the worst of any 3d movie. I think your right about the source but it still doesnt explain why it would differ from user to user if were all using samsung equipment and relevant firmware updates. Unless some of us have astigmatism

dankly

Standard Member
Monsters v aliens was alway fine for me. Res evil was the worst of any 3d movie. I think your right about the source but it still doesnt explain why it would differ from user to user if were all using samsung equipment and relevant firmware updates. Unless some of us have astigmatism

dankly

Standard Member
Oh by the way Tron was shiet before the latest upgrade so firmware does make a difference there's no question about it but the source has a part to play but it's not the be all of the problem.

Obi_Robz

I am on 2004. Given all the problems with the firmware after this, is it a good idea to upgrade to this newest one?

Cheers
Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom