T-Mobile Pulse out NOW!

MsDemeanour

Standard Member
I so want an Android phone, and was looking at either the G1 or G2. I think I may be seduced by the 3.5" screen on the Pulse though.

Size matters.

gk141054

That contract is rediculous...

The phone will only be £180 on PAYG...

Give it a month and that phone will be free on much cheaper (and shorter) contracts.

ekinlock

Has anyone purchased this phone from tmobile on PAYG? if so, how is it, as good as other android handsets? i had a play with one in the tmobile shop and quite liked it.

Also can the be unlocked and debranded?

neuty

Distinguished Member
I am thinking of getting one of these for my son for xmas.

I would like some feedback from owners if possible. I did get to try one today and was very surprised, it was an excellent phone.

Thanks

neuty

steford

Absolutely love mine. Wasn't interested in on overpriced iPhone or on contract so bought the PAYG version from T-Mobile and added my existing T-Mobile SIM (with Web'n'Walk and Wi-Fi Hotspots).

Phone is very slick particularly if you are a GMail/Google user. Everything seems to work very nicely. App store is getting better and there are plenty of decent apps - maybe not so great if you are into gaming as a priority. Web browser is really good and quick. Phone is very responsive in general and has a great look and feel.

Only issue I've had so far is the phone losing network when off - this seems to happen if I leave WiFI enabled. Called T-Mobile about it and they fobbed me off to Huawei (the manufacturers) who weren't interested. It seems to be difficult to reproduce but if it starts to annoy me I'll get a replacement.

Overall very happy with it after years of WM5/WM6 phones.

gk141054

Only issue I've had so far is the phone losing network when off - this seems to happen if I leave WiFI enabled.

Can you expand on what you mean by this - I may know what the issue is if you are saying what I think you are but you're not very clear.

Sy1441

That contract is rediculous...

The phone will only be £180 on PAYG...

Give it a month and that phone will be free on much cheaper (and shorter) contracts.

It has always been available from £25 pm on 18 month contracts, its just the contract above is the best bang for buck one.

steford

Can you expand on what you mean by this - I may know what the issue is if you are saying what I think you are but you're not very clear.

Thanks for picking up on this. It seems that if I enable WiFi and then have it auto switch off when the phone screen is off (to save power) and then leave it in that state for a while eg overnight the phone loses connection with the mobile network which only a reboot will fix - the SIM initialises again and all is OK. It's a minor issue at the moment and although T-Mob have told me to take it back to the shop where an engineer will take a look I doubt they have the skills instore to diagnose and fix and I'm reluctant to put it down to a hardware issue at this stage as I don't want to reinstall everything on a replacement device.

Any thoughts you may have appreciated.

Thanks.

gk141054

Thanks for picking up on this. It seems that if I enable WiFi and then have it auto switch off when the phone screen is off (to save power) and then leave it in that state for a while eg overnight the phone loses connection with the mobile network which only a reboot will fix - the SIM initialises again and all is OK. It's a minor issue at the moment and although T-Mob have told me to take it back to the shop where an engineer will take a look I doubt they have the skills instore to diagnose and fix and I'm reluctant to put it down to a hardware issue at this stage as I don't want to reinstall everything on a replacement device.

Any thoughts you may have appreciated.

Thanks.

Ahh ok, not quite what I thought.

On my HTC Hero there is as setting in the "Advanced" section of "Wireless Network Settings" called "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy"

One of the options is "When screen turns off" so basically when my phone screen switches off to save power when not in use, it also dumps the wireless connection, as soon as I awaken my phone the wireless kicks back in and connects again although it takes a few seconds.

Doesn't sound like that is your problem though.

steford

Ahh ok, not quite what I thought.

On my HTC Hero there is as setting in the "Advanced" section of "Wireless Network Settings" called "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy"

One of the options is "When screen turns off" so basically when my phone screen switches off to save power when not in use, it also dumps the wireless connection, as soon as I awaken my phone the wireless kicks back in and connects again although it takes a few seconds.

Doesn't sound like that is your problem though.

Yep - which is a great feature and something WM should have had years ago. If I do this though and the phone is off for any length of time it seems that something kills the mobile network connection - WiFi remains intact after switching back on again as you'd expect. Really annoying. Would be interested if any other Pulse owners have this issue - otherwise it'll have to go back.

WLee

Standard Member
I'm thinking of getting myself one of these, for anyone that has one, how long does the battery last approx?

YID

Novice Member
Just looked on the T-Mobile website and they now have an 18 month deal called combi 30+ internet for £31.50 per month which gives 700 minutes, with unlimited texts and unlimited internet and the phone is free too!

connor1

Well after taking what seems like months to make up my mind I have ordered the pulse. Im already on a contract of a fiver a month with them so I have just bought the phone for 170 and added web + walk on for another fiver. This is my 1st venture into the web mobile world and I didnt want to spend hundreds on either contract or PAYG. I was going to go for the Nokia 5800 as I thought it was the only budget phone on the market. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and then I can hit the android market place

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom