Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

T-Mobile MDA Compact...Noddy Question!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Spenny_B, May 16, 2005.

1. Spenny_B

Spenny_B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Further to another thread re using MDA Compact with TomTom, my Brother has gone ahead and bought an MDA Compact, HOWEVER....stupid question, how do you turn the little blighter off??! :lease:

It's the phone part I need to know, we can turn the PDA part off by a quick press of the power button.

If you do what the instructions say and hold in the power button for 2 secs, all it does is turn off the backlighting (same as my iPaq does). The phone remains on still, as does the PDA (but dimmed), with the blinking green LED.

Are we going mad?

Also, the instructions seem to miss out what the LED's are...ie., I'm guessing that the flashing green means the phone is on, flashing amber is phone on and charging, but apparently there are other functions signalled by the LED's, which we've got no idea of! :confused:

Any help welcome! Thanks,

Spencer.

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    You can't switch off a pocket pc pda phone. It is effectively always on, apart from when you disconnect battery and even then the back up keeps its memory in check.

I imagine you want to stop the phone from ringing ie calls in or calls out ?

You can do this by holding & clicking on the signal strength meter. It will tell you your network and offer you the option of putting it into *FLIGHT MODE*.

Basically your pda will functions as normal but the radio ie phone will be off.

HTH :)

3. Spenny_B

Spenny_B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, cheers Ekko, nice to know we're not going mad!!...seems weird that you can't switch it off though, can't think why this would be of benefit to somebody...definately not good if youre paranoid about "Big Brother" tracking you!! :D ;) ...must put down the Andy McNab novel!

S