1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-mobile customer service

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by waz2004, Dec 11, 2004.

1. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just finished my contract with T-mobile. Have no problem with the service but other network were offering better deals. I plan to use the phone supplied by T-mobile on a different network. For this the phone has to be unlocked. I thought it would be more safe and secure to approach T-mobile than go to a shop for unlocking.

T-mobile charged £15 (same as the shops i visited) and told me it takes 28 days to deliver. No problem because i ordered it a month before end of contract. A month and a half has passed and i am still waiting. Rang the customer service a few times who told me they will look into it and will get back to me. Nothing happened for weeks till last friday. They rang me to say to ring

08454 122323 where they will provide me with the unlock code. Great some progress i thought. Rang the number 12 times and all i get is the flippin T-mobile music.

i am cheesed off

has anyone got a free 0800 number or which option to go for on T-mobile so i can get hold of the above dept for free. Using landline and holding on will cost me dearly.

Will wait till middle of next week before writing to them and demand my money back.

Must point out that the customer service were as helpful as they can be, they even attempted to get through the above number but no success.

2. mps

mps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    It depends on what handset you have,Try a google search theres lots of help in unlocking.Goodluck :thumbsup:

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I unlocked my T Mobile Samsung E700 no problems-google is your friend :)

4. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    it is a sony ericsson which i believe needs a cable for unlocking if doing it yourself

5. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    £15 for a cable to unlock seems very cheap?? Considering once you have it you could offer this "service" to others!!

6. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    erm sorry if i had misled you. u need a cable+other gizmos to unlock SonyEricson phones. the kit costs more than £80 i believe. £15 is just for unlocking SE

7. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ahh i see,have you not got a friend on T Mobile? Customer services calls are free from any T Mobile phone.

8. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i do have a PAYG which i use to ring T-mobile for free using 150 but to get my unlock code i have to ring 08454 number.

by the way the 0800 no listed earlier on no longer works.