T-Mobile Contract

chrispcollins

Standard Member
Hi, I have a contract with T-Mobile which I have had since the One 2 One days. I was being charged £5 for being a long standing customer, but recently I was going to cancel and they offered me a new phone to keep the contract on. I have received my first bill which I was amazed to see my line rental go up from £5 to £13. I phoned T-Mobile and they informed me that I accepted this when I accepted the new phone, which I did not and would never have agreed to upgrading the handset if the line rental was to be increased.

Where do I stand legally on this? Am I entitled to cancel the contract?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

woody67

If you spoke with them verbally on the phone to arrange the contract, then if they did not mention the cost increase, then you have not agreed to it.

If they sent you written details then you should check all the conditions, to see what you agreed to.

You must have been made aware of any significant terms of the contract (eg a 160% price increase) for you to make a decision on acceptance. T-mobile could not just imply this increase as a result of giving you a new phone.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom