1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t-mobile c45 is it blocked??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by cdave, Jun 16, 2003.

1. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the above phone on a 12month contract with t-mobile. This ends in a couple of months. I want to cancel and put a pay as u go card in. I have an old Barclaycard phillips phone (you know the cheap 50p per min all times one) and tried the card in the c45. It does show up as o2 on the screen but seems to keep searching for a service . (The card is active) The phone is set to auto search although I see there are several options in the menu. I did not think the phone was blocked. Is it just the type of card and is there a way to see if it is blocked? Do mobile stores have any test sims?

Any help appreciated

Dave

2. MIGHTYrog

MIGHTYrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the older Barclaycard and U phone Sims are not transferrable to a differnt phone i am afraid. They are electronically paired a bit like Sky boxes are.

Just go out and buy your self a shiny new o2 card and all will be good.

3. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Gryzor, that explains it.

As it happens I popped into an Orange store yesterday and the nice girl offered to let me try one on their sims in the phone. It worked. The phone is not locked after all. However, had I not done that then your answer would have been the next best thing. I will just keep the Barclaycard phone for incoming calls. :smashin:

Dave