T-Mob WebandWalk Broadband speed

ralphmalph

Novice Member
I am a user of the t-mobile pcmcia web and walk and the internet speeds are awful. T-Mobile have said to me that there new usb highspeed broadband card can deliver upto 8mb speeds depending on location.

Has anybody got one of these and does it deliver true broadband speeds i.e multiple megabytes over the mobile phone network.

Thanks in advance.

Sy1441

The modem is capable of up to 7.2Mbs but our network depending on location supports up to 1.8Mbs (the speed advertised in out literature), 3.6Mbs and 7.2Mbs.

mhorton

I know it's not going to be the same as T-Mobile, even though 3 and T-Mobile have apparently joined to deliever mobile broadband but I've got a 3 broadband modem and I always get full HSDPA signal where I am in Watford and only normally get about a 1.5mb connection on average.

Just don't think the technology is quite there yet. Can't complain though it's always brilliant when it's called apon.

RobM

Distinguished Member
There are many other factors that will affect your download speed, with latency being one of the biggest impacts.

Even if you were sat under a HSDPA enabled mast on a clear day with no humidity and no other users around, latency can still drop your real-world download speed dramatically.

In the real world, there are so many variable factors that it's impossible to guess at what your connection speed will be. If it's really bad, see if you can borrow a different data card and pop your SIM card into it, just to test if it's faulty :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom