T+A Caruso R All in One System Review & Comments

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Naim stuff has always hurt my ears and induced listening fatigue and this sounds more musical after reading the review.
My biggest question is what does T&A really stand for?
😜🤔

Sandyb01

Naim stuff has always hurt my ears and induced listening fatigue and this sounds more musical after reading the review.
My biggest question is what does T&A really stand for?
😜🤔
Interesting observation re Naim - my local high end av dealer made very much the same point, although not too negatively. I went with a Linn component, as they are known for a more relaxed sound signature.

Naim seem to have been reasonable successful though, so they cant be doing too much wrong.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Interesting observation re Naim - my local high end av dealer made very much the same point, although not too negatively. I went with a Linn component, as they are known for a more relaxed sound signature.

Naim seem to have been reasonable successful though, so they cant be doing too much wrong.
I'd had all linn in the past, but my most recent was just a linn source. This was an ADS3 (kat) into Lejonklou amps and it sounded very good but I had to cut down the box count and ended up where I am now.
I have always found Naim to be incredibly 'shouty' and not enjoyable, especially long term but as you say, they must be doing something right.
This is more my kind of sound though and if I were in the market its what I'd have at the top of my list.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I realise you seem to like the rechargeable remote but I'm not sure I see the advantage TBH. IR remotes last so long on easily replaceable AA or AAA batteries that using a rechargeable that will inevitably degrade with age just seems a bit pointless.

If it had wireless 2 way communication and maybe a display I'd get it but for a basic remote it doesn't make sense to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom