Systemline Samsung problem - HDCP?

hendo25

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a custom Systemline setup in my house, with a 4x4 HDMI switch, and the av distributed throughout the house via Cat5.

The system has been running perfectly since I moved in to the house (it was already installed when I moved in).

I have just replaced an old Panasonic TV, with a Samsung 55HU6900, and I am getting intermittent black out problems on the HDMI input coming from the Systemline (no matter what input is going into the switch).

I have searched for solutions, and so far by best potential causes.
1. Something to do with the length of CAT5, although this doesn't seem likely since it worked perfectly on my old TV. Why different on this new one? Something to do with upscaling? Shouldn't think so.

2. Something to do with HDCP. I have tried different power on sequences - no joy. I have tried different HDMI sockets on the TV, no joy. I have powered down and reset Sky, Blu Ray, Systemline, TV etc... No joy. I have disabled Anytime+, and I have also tried setting up the TV without any Sky control - just as a monitor so to speak. And no joy!!

The intermittent problem is still there... about once a minute the screen blacks out for a second.

Samsung TV has been updated to latest software on setup.
3 of the 4 TVs on network are Samsung - the other 2 work fine.

Any help or guidance, would be sincerely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi,

I have a custom Systemline setup in my house, with a 4x4 HDMI switch, and the av distributed throughout the house via Cat5.

The system has been running perfectly since I moved in to the house (it was already installed when I moved in).

I have just replaced an old Panasonic TV, with a Samsung 55HU6900, and I am getting intermittent black out problems on the HDMI input coming from the Systemline (no matter what input is going into the switch).

I have searched for solutions, and so far by best potential causes.
1. Something to do with the length of CAT5, although this doesn't seem likely since it worked perfectly on my old TV. Why different on this new one? Something to do with upscaling? Shouldn't think so.

2. Something to do with HDCP. I have tried different power on sequences - no joy. I have tried different HDMI sockets on the TV, no joy. I have powered down and reset Sky, Blu Ray, Systemline, TV etc... No joy. I have disabled Anytime+, and I have also tried setting up the TV without any Sky control - just as a monitor so to speak. And no joy!!

The intermittent problem is still there... about once a minute the screen blacks out for a second.

Samsung TV has been updated to latest software on setup.
3 of the 4 TVs on network are Samsung - the other 2 work fine.

Any help or guidance, would be sincerely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi Shorty,
I received your reply on email, although can't see it above...
Thanks for your reply though.

So, yes - I'm pretty sure I tried on HMDI3 (MHL) last night, with the same problem.
However, just to check, I tried again this morning and it did actually all seem to be working ok - although I only had the tv on for 5-10 minutes. I will try again this evening and report back...

Ok cool let's hope it does solve. Did you reboot all the equipment when you swapped?

Hi,
The HDMI3 port did seem to work. No more intermittent blackout! I'm sure I tried this before, and it didn't seem to fix it, so not sure if anything else has changed re start up order or anything like that.

One problem I do have with this, is a split-second drop in sound every now and then, which I didn't have on HDMI1 or 2. This isn't a massive problem for me, since I run audio through a receiver to a surround system anyway, so very rarely use the TV for audio.

Hi there. I have the same problem, with I think the same wyrestorm box set up in my loft.
Basically I have a sky box downstairs.
Then it's networked back round the house via the matrix in the loft.
But the system keeps 'blacking out' "no signal" sometimes it's on just one Samsung tv or it's all of them. The screen goes black for 5seconds then comes back?!
Have you solved your issues.

I feel it might be cable quality and length(cat 5 up to loft the to other rooms via matrix)
Or
Wyrestorm Balans and length 40m or 70m etc
It might be the software of handshaking of all devices to stop piracy etc.
But really I just don't know?

Hi Needcoffee,
Sorry about slow reply!
Yes - I solved my "blackout" issues by switching to HDMI3 on the Samsung TV (this is the MHL HDMI socket). Although this doesn't sound similar to your problems. From my experience, I wouldn't think it's the length of the cat5 cables, unless you really are running it a long way! (i.e. you live a huge great stonking house!). Have you tried with a TV setup next to the switch with short cat5?

But I haven't solved the audio problems. The audio still cuts for a split second every minute or so. It's very annoying if I want to use TV audio, but most of the time use a separate surround sound system, so not a huge problem.

My gut feel is that it's still do with the handshaking. Are all of TVs Samsung?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom