1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Upgrade.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dustymillerl, May 28, 2004.

1. dustymillerl

dustymillerl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right Then. My current system is an old Kenwood KRV-888D Receiver, One of the first dolby digital amps from 1997(-ish), paired up wih a nice pair of BOSE 701 Series 1 fronts. And kenwood centre & rears. I also have a new Panasonic DV-XV10 slimline DVD, and now Sky+.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Denon 1804, but the 2803 caught my eye. My main question is the Bose speakers are rated at 4ohms, and the Amp is typically rated at 8 ohms, is the extra power needed to drive the speakers going to be a problem. Also in current terms how good is my old Kenwood reciever ????

2. dustymillerl

dustymillerl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody got any pearls of wisdom ????

3. ADC

ADC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I have a pioneer ax5i amp driving M&K speakers. The speakers are 4ohms and the amp is 8 ohms( although it can be switched to 6 ohms). Even before i switched it to 6 ohms it had no problem driving the speakers. Thats not to
    say the amp your looking at will be the same but i thought i'd let you know anyway.
    Andy.