Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

System Upgrade.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dustymillerl, May 28, 2004.

1. dustymillerl

dustymillerl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right Then. My current system is an old Kenwood KRV-888D Receiver, One of the first dolby digital amps from 1997(-ish), paired up wih a nice pair of BOSE 701 Series 1 fronts. And kenwood centre & rears. I also have a new Panasonic DV-XV10 slimline DVD, and now Sky+.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Denon 1804, but the 2803 caught my eye. My main question is the Bose speakers are rated at 4ohms, and the Amp is typically rated at 8 ohms, is the extra power needed to drive the speakers going to be a problem. Also in current terms how good is my old Kenwood reciever ????

2. dustymillerl

dustymillerl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody got any pearls of wisdom ????

3. ADC

ADC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have a pioneer ax5i amp driving M&K speakers. The speakers are 4ohms and the amp is 8 ohms( although it can be switched to 6 ohms). Even before i switched it to 6 ohms it had no problem driving the speakers. Thats not to
    say the amp your looking at will be the same but i thought i'd let you know anyway.
    Andy.