System update and Virtual Console next week

Yup, should be good.

Quite a lot of decent news announced today via Nintendo direct, Earthbound on WiiU VC by the end of the year, Super Luigi U patch sounds interesting too.

Super Mario World coming to Wi U Virtual Console. Was that even on the Wii Virtual Console?

Last edited:
This is the update to finally speed the OS up :smashin: gutted about the delay of Pikmin 3 though (August 4th).

Super Mario world in the VC?

Last edited:
This is the update to finally speed the OS up :smashin: gutted about the delal of Pikmin 3 though (August 4th).

Super Mario world in the VC?

Yes the SNES game. Didnt think it was released on the Wii VC but just checking it was.

Last edited:
Super Mario Land, sorry.

My mistake m8 - you originally put Super Mario Land :D

Can't think atm that this is in the Wii VC :rolleyes:

Just had a look:

Snes;
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World

Last edited:
Sorry changed it again, Im confussng myself did mean World.

:rotfl:

In that case - Super Mario World is already a VC title. It's one I've not played though so maybe get this depending on price :cool:

In that case - Super Mario World is already a VC title. It's one I've not played though so maybe get this depending on price :cool:

I thought I downloaded all the Mario games on the Wii but can't remember this one. Been ages though!

Looking forward to playing them on the U and the gamepad. Just NES and SNES titles to start with apparently.

I've read you will have to pay a small price to redownload the games you originally paid for on the Wii.

You have never played super Mario world? Right I'm taking off your fanboy badge and plonking it back on my lapel.

You have never played super Mario world? Right I'm taking off your fanboy badge and plonking it back on my lapel.

Nope, never played it 'cos never owned a Snes and yep, you can have the fanboy badge with pleasure - I only got publicly flogged occasionally :rotfl:

Is it any good?

Nope, never played it 'cos never owned a Snes and yep, you can have the fanboy badge with pleasure - I only got publicly flogged occasionally :rotfl:

Is it any good?

I'll take it. I'll just hand infractions out or edit posts if I get grief ;)

Yeah its great. With playing new super Mario bros before it you will probably prefer the new ones.

Super Mario bros 3 is the best 2D Mario imo anyway.

The initial list of vc games is a bit small I fear :( Where's the likes of mystical ninja, super ghouls n ghosts, probotector, or any n64 or GameCube games?

This console's lack of game catalogue is starting to get tiring. I'm keeping mine, but only it seems for 1-2 games per year??

The initial list of vc games is a bit small I fear :( Where's the likes of mystical ninja, super ghouls n ghosts, probotector, or any n64 or GameCube games?

This console's lack of game catalogue is starting to get tiring. I'm keeping mine, but only it seems for 1-2 games per year??

Depends on what games you like. 1-2 games?

Ninja gaiden 3
Lego City undercover
Monster Hunter 3
Most wanted
Bit trip presents: runner 2
Toki Tori 2
Injustice
Lego Batman 2
Sniper Elite V2
Resi Revelations
Game and wario
Pikmin 3
Rayman legends
Wonderful 101
Scribblenauts
Splinter cell
Batman arkham origins
Lego marvel heroes

Thats all releases this year and incoming from what we know so far so who knows what else they will mention at E3 or what additional games will appear on the eshop & virtual console.

Ive even missed a few off that list like the ashes, fast and furious and whatever else.

Yes not a great deal of exclusives but its still choice especially if you don't have a other console although I appreciate most Wii U owners probably will do.

But long term obviously is unknown. Depends on how it sells. The 3DS had a terrible start and obviously the price cut helped it but its building a solid catalogue now and has a great line up this year. I remember plenty of forum dwellers predicting that would be dead within 2 years due to the emergence of tablets/mobiles and yet apparently its already outsold the DS in the US.

Whether that last statement is actually true or not ive no idea so apologies if its incorrect.

These conversations go around every time a new gaming system comes out. The DS was doomed. The PS3 had an awful start. The 360 had barely any exclusives in its first 12 months.

It won't surprise me one bit if the same happens again with the PS4/Nextbox.
Solid launch line up then go on to have a similar first 12 months with people bitching about lack of games, exclusives. Rainbow rings of death. Sharing feature going haywire on the PS4 and Kinect 2.0 telling people to go **** themselves :)

Last edited:
addyb said:
Depends on what games you like. 1-2 games?

Ninja gaiden 3
Lego City undercover
Monster Hunter 3
Most wanted
Bit trip presents: runner 2
Toki Tori 2
Injustice
Lego Batman 2
Sniper Elite V2
Resi Revelations
Game and wario
Pikmin 3
Rayman legends
Wonderful 101
Scribblenauts
Splinter cell
Batman arkham origins
Lego marvel heroes

Thats all releases this year and incoming from what we know so far so who knows what else they will mention at E3 or what additional games will appear on the eshop & virtual console.

Ive even missed a few off that list like the ashes, fast and furious and whatever else.

Yes not a great deal of exclusives but its still choice especially if you don't have a other console although I appreciate most Wii U owners probably will do.

But long term obviously is unknown. Depends on how it sells. The 3DS had a terrible start and obviously the price cut helped it but its building a solid catalogue now and has a great line up this year. I remember plenty of forum dwellers predicting that would be dead within 2 years due to the emergence of tablets/mobiles and yet apparently its already outsold the DS in the US.

Whether that last statement is actually true or not ive no idea so apologies if its incorrect.

These conversations go around every time a new gaming system comes out. The DS was doomed. The PS3 had an awful start. The 360 had barely any exclusives in its first 12 months.

It won't surprise me one bit if the same happens again with the PS4/Nextbox.
Solid launch line up then go on to have a similar first 12 months with people bitching about lack of games, exclusives. Rainbow rings of death. Sharing feature going haywire on the PS4 and Kinect 2.0 telling people to go **** themselves :)

It's the flavourful/nintendoey games that seem to be missing- last year nintendoland (new mario u I felt didn't quite bring the charm consistently enough), this year w101 plus maybe mario kart and the wind waker remake. In terms of games that transcend the medium (where art and play come together all velvety) I think there's very slim pickings.

In that respect I agree mate. For just the Wii U it is indeed slim pickings in that regard. You could argue only the following fit that bill.

Game & Wario
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

Overall though I'm really happy with this year when I take the 3DS games into account. I'll only be buying the odd multi plat game for the Wii U. Depends on if its the best version or a decent price.

addyb said:
In that respect I agree mate. For just the Wii U it is indeed slim pickings in that regard. You could argue only the following fit that bill.

Game & Wario
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

Overall though I'm really happy with this year when I take the 3DS games into account. I'll only be buying the odd multi plat game for the Wii U. Depends on if its the best version or a decent price.

The 3ds has hit it's stride :) Possibly points to the wii u getting there.... eventually!

I think they've missed the chance to plug the current catalogue gap with the vc though. Wonder how difficult it is getting old snes games onto the u?

And let's have actraiser whilst we're on the subject :)

The 3ds has hit it's stride :) Possibly points to the wii u getting there.... eventually!

I think they've missed the chance to plug the current catalogue gap with the vc though. Wonder how difficult it is getting old snes games onto the u?

Actraiser. Great game. I'm always baffled at the slow feeding of games from there older catalogues. They should release a lot more than what they do.

Agree about the 3DS - about time too tbh - it had a slow start and is now kicking all other portables' ar$es :D

As for the Wii U - slow start no doubt but saw this yesterday and taking with a pinch of salt - possibly good or maybe Reggie is trying to appease the general public - debatable of course;

Nintendo Exec: Wii U Releases to

Game & Wario and Dragon Quest X both dropping in Japanese sales charts after 2 weeks.
The 3DS and PS3 seems to be where its at for games at the moment.
Even the Vita's Japanese sales are on the up, again..

Can't see me picking up a WiiU till Pikmin appears, IF they stick to August as a release period.:mad:
Just wish they had bided their time, till they had a catalogue of titles, or a handful at least, cause the next few months are just dire:

26th April: Injustice: Gods Among Us
17th May: Sniper Elite V2
24th May: Fast & Furious: Showdown
Resident Evil: Revelations
21st June: Ashes Cricket 2013

Think I'm gonna go kick my Gold Link/Epona statue in a fanboy rage..:laugh:

Last edited:
It is indeed a dire lineup. Good job the 3DS has some games and also a couple coming for the ps3 I want.

Game & Wario and Dragon Quest X both dropping in Japanese sales charts after 2 weeks.
The 3DS and PS3 seems to be where its at for games at the moment.
Even the Vita's Japanese sales are on the up, again..

Can't see me picking up a WiiU till Pikmin appears, IF they stick to August as a release period.:mad:
Just wish they had bided their time, till they had a catalogue of titles, or a handful at least, cause the next few months are just dire:

26th April: Injustice: Gods Among Us
17th May: Sniper Elite V2
24th May: Fast & Furious: Showdown
Resident Evil: Revelations
21st June: Ashes Cricket 2013

Think I'm gonna go kick my Gold Link/Epona statue in a fanboy rage..:laugh:

Some valid points there Fox with the exception of kicking Link/Epona - :rotfl: that's cruelty beyond belief :p

Seriously though, Injustice isn't my cup of tea, Sniper Elite V2 I played on the PS3 and whilst I enjoyed that (although brief), I will look at Wii U version if gameplay is enhanced and/or price is right. Fast n Furious? not heard of it 'till now. Resident Evil looks very promising and Cricket, well it's like Marmite to me and I don't like Marmite.

The W101 looks quite good too. Now, if Pikmin 3 is delayed yet again, THEN you can kick Link and Epona to Kingdom Come, and I'll bloody help you :smashin:

Having said that, I'm looking forward to The Last of Us on PS3 so might have to buy a new PS3 to play that. As long as I can keep ticking over with a trickle of games, I'll be happy - not bothered what there on - even my iPhone 5 (Candy Crush arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).

Punching Epona like this guy?

SNN1705CD---1620se_1711871a.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom