System update and Virtual Console next week

Amph said:
Yes the same F Zero, Balloon Fight and Punchout.

I would love them to put Zelda: LTTP on there too despite having it on my phone and playing it with Wii remote/classic control, would love it on gamepad.

Hell yea! I would be taking my gamepad to bed with me every night then! :)

Hell yea! I would be taking my gamepad to bed with me every night then! :)

Kicking myself for getting rid of my 3DS what with the LTTP sequel having been announced. LTTP is quite possibly my favourite game of all time.

Kicking myself for getting rid of my 3DS what with the LTTP sequel having been announced. LTTP is quite possibly my favourite game of all time.

Buy an XL. You will feel better

Since I got my original Wii on launch day with the VC, the one game I always wanted was "Shadows of the Empire" on N64!

I love that game! I had it on N64 (again, launch day) and used to play the opening hoth level over & over again :D

watcher666 said:
Since I got my original Wii on launch day with the VC, the one game I always wanted was "Shadows of the Empire" on N64!

I love that game! I had it on N64 (again, launch day) and used to play the opening hoth level over & over again :D

That game is in my local indie for about a tenner. I nearly bought it then I remembered there is only good level in the game!

All things pointing towards the first of the two big updates coming tomorrow - Nintendo - Current Network Status;

| Nintendo - Current Network Status

Extended Maintenance

From Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:00 PM
- Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:

Wii U

- Nintendo eShop

Is the update released yet?

Is the update released yet?

Not yet m8 - I'm confused about the 'extended maintenance' times tbh

Extended Maintenance

So what time does this mean for us? I must be thick :facepalm:

Not yet m8 - I'm confused about the 'extended maintenance' times tbh

Extended Maintenance

So what time does this mean for us? I must be thick :facepalm:

1am - 3am on the 26th :smashin:

1am - 3am on the 26th :smashin:

So we are 8 hours in front then? if in the USA the update starts today at 5pm, for us it's 1am (Friday morning)?

I'll try to complete LCU by then :)

5pm Pacific time is around 1am GMT so I think we'll get it early tomorrow morning after 3am maybe.

edit: sorry leamspaceman, didnt see your posts until I had posted!

Last edited:
Another 24 hours on top of that for Super Mario Land and the few other VC games then.

All things pointing towards the first of the two big updates coming tomorrow - Nintendo - Current Network Status;

| Nintendo - Current Network Status

Extended Maintenance

Affected Services:

Wii U

- Nintendo eShop

Surely "extended maintenance" affecting e-shop doesn't necessarily mean we'll see the update the same day? The e-shop was down for an entire evening the other day but didn't result in an update. I think this is just down time preparing for the update, I'm preparing myself for next week time personally.

Blimey, update 3.0 addresses quite a lot :eek: :smashin

Jon weaver will be happy now that the screen size can be adjusted :) plus many more

Version 3.0.0 U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

New Features:

A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu *¹

Changes to System Settings:

An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in “Data Management”
To facilitate this feature, you will now be able to connect two USB storage devices to a single Wii U console*²
The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in “Data Management”
The option to adjust screen size is now available under “TV” *³
“Auto Power-Down” has been renamed “Power Settings”
Options for the standby function are located within this menu

Changes to Miiverse:

Added support for the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Controller
Handwritten posts will now also display on the TV screen during creation
“Undo” and “Redo” buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post
Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation
Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to the Internet Browser:

Added support for the Wii Remote and Wii U Pro Controller
Added the option to change search engines when performing a keyword search
Added the option to return to the start page from the bookmark menu

Changes to Download Management:

Added the option to change the priority of downloads

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 User selection may be necessary

*2 Only one USB storage device can be used during normal use

*3 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser.

Last edited:
Reading users thoughts on the net, the loading times haven't changed much. Not had a chance to try it yet.

EDIT: Reading the opposite on another site LOL.

Last edited:
Reading users thoughts on the net, the loading times haven't changed much. Not had a chance to try it yet.

EDIT: Reading the opposite on another site LOL.

Going in and out of system settings hasn't really changed. Its far quicker between apps and loading exiting games now.

Disc no longer spins in the drive when using other apps or games.

Last edited:
addyb said:
Disc no longer spins in the drive when using other apps or games.

Thank the gods!!

This has to be my most what the hell? Thing with the Wii U.
So pleased to hear this. Will update mine as soon as I get my lazy ass out of bed :)

Thank the gods!!

This has to be my most what the hell? Thing with the Wii U.
So pleased to hear this. Will update mine as soon as I get my lazy ass out of bed :)

Some of us have been up since 5 ;-)

It seems the main difference is quitting out of games. Its far quicker getting back to the home menu. Launching/quitting system settings is still painfully slow but I personally have no need to regularly access that anyway so can live with it.

Boot up to main menu is also quicker.
Lego city is still the same (before anyone asks) lol

MikeeP84 said:
Some of us have been up since 5 ;-)

I know the feeling all too well mate! Today is my first day off.

Also, according to my Wii U, I have no updates available?! What?!

N/m - I had to go into system settings to get the update.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom