System to Play Music and TV Sound

emptage

Standard Member
Firstly I am not certain if I am posting this in the right forum but I had to start somewhere.

My current system is a Naim 5i amp with a Naim CD 5i CD player and Kef Q300 speakers on Super Dreadnought stands. I also have a very old Hitachi tuner which is used occasionally. I play CDs, music files, mostly flac, stored on my computer and streamed through my system with Sonos, and Amazon music. I expect the CDs to reduce and most of my listening will be from my music files and Amazon.

I am planning on re-organising my living room and replacing my ancient 32" Sony non smart TV with a new smart model.

If possible I would like to take the opportunity to ditch my existing system and replace it with something which as well as playing my music will also connect to my TV sound. I would like to house it in the same cabinet as the new TV will sit on and which will also contain my Virgin box and Humax box. I would like to speakers to also sit on the cabinet if possible, either side of the TV.

My budget for the new system is £1000 - £1200 although I don't have to spend all of that.

All suggestions gratefully received

EDIT NOTE

I will close this thread as I have reposted it in the Hi-Fi Stereo Systems and Separates/Music Streamers forum which seems more appropriate. Please post your responses there.

Last edited:

password1

Suspended
A picture or dimensions of the space available would help.

Without this information I am going to recommended looking at the Mission LX connect.

emptage

Standard Member
A picture or dimensions of the space available would help.

Without this information I am going to recommended looking at the Mission LX connect.
The room is 26ft x 11ft. Think Portacabin. The existing hi Fi set up is in one half of the room with the speakers facing lengthways down the room. The TV and sitting area is in the other half of the room.

This is in the ongoing thread in the Music Streamers forum as I moved the whole thread

password1

Suspended
If there's nothing wrong with your old system and you're happy with the sound, why not just add a DAC, connect the digital out of the TV into the DAC then DAC to amp.

emptage

Standard Member
I am unable to connect the TV and the hifi system as they are at other ends of the room separated by doors.

Can you please respond to the other thread as I don't want to have two threads running. Thanks

emptage

Standard Member
This thread

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom