System Shock 3

Rog69

Distinguished Member
I am excited by the news but a little apprehensive too, SS2 is my all time favourite game so I would hate to see this messed up in the same way my other beloved franchise from Looking Glass studios was when Thief 4 came out.

The fact that they are calling it System Shock 3 rather than it being a reboot is a good sign and I understand that there are some ex Looking Glass people on the team too.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Played SS1 and SS2 countless times and loved them both, I do think I prefer SS1 though, something a little darker about it at times, it has one of the best gaming villains of all time IMO.

I truly hope that SS3 does the franchise justice as its been a hell of a long time coming

kav

Distinguished Member
Quite positive signs that they are going to build it on PC instead of console, and potentially make it compatible with VR. Also no kickstarter, which I was kind of expecting.

drinkturps

Well, this popped up in my mailbox this afternoon.....

"Hello fans!

We’re excited to share with you some new information about System Shock™ 3. We participated in Unity’s GDC 2019 Keynote, where we shared a short teaser video showing off some of the environments of the game. Watch it here:

During the keynote, Warren explained that, similar to the original System Shock 1 & 2 games, System Shock 3 will be a unique combination of first-person shooter, role-playing and survival horror. System Shock 3 takes place in a world where players are alone in a strange and dangerous place, under-powered and unprepared for the challenges posed by a renegade AI called SHODAN...."

There was more about the unity engine and stuff but it's good to see that there's progress coming along with this.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom