1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System recommendations..smallish..

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sjw, Mar 29, 2003.

1. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Hi all,

First post in the AV bit.. don't be too hard..

I'm looking for some advice if you can help..

Got new tele today - Sony 32nx200u.
    VERY pleased.

Anyway, it's the surround system now.....

The room it's going to go in isn't exactlty massive so it's a small system I need with small speakers but not cheapo (well not too cheapo..) ones.
    I'm VERY tempted by the Aego P5 system as it sounds absolutely amazing and I would never have believed such 'full' sound was coming from those tiny things. However, I've got a GameCube you see and the AE's don't support DPLII. The lack of DPLII is the one thing holding me back. I've not heard DPLII but I know it's a hell of a lot better than wishy washy Pro-logic. How long have the P5's been out? Anyone know of a replacement model maybe with DPLII? Too good to be true probably..
    I've also seen the Yam DVX-S80? This does DPLII and phantom EX and 6.1 too. Looks great too and has small speakers but I haven't heard it yet..
    Would you say the AE's would 'blow them away' or do you think I'd be gaining more in functionality than I'd be losing in performance??...

Also anything else I could consider?

Cheers,

Ste

2. wolf

wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the Linn Classik Movie within your budget? Some internet price going for £1500. I have the Linn Classik Music for 6 months. It is amazing. I am thinking of trading in for a Movie or Movie Di version.

3. Hunterm8

Hunterm8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you get aego p5 make sure you shop around you can find for about £460 - £480!:smashin:

4. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    No the Linn is out of my price range.
    Yeah, I've seen it for that too.

Cheers,

Ste

5. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I emailed AE several weeks ago asking if they had any plans to release a PLII version of the P5 and I'm afraid they haven't. Like you I'm disappointed. :thumbsdow