System line modular

marty92

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Fair warning NOOB ALERT. :)

Ok so I have read a few threads on the Systemline vs Abus systems, I know the 2 are aparently not interchangable.

VEX sugested that if one was clever the initial wiring could be arangedso as not to limit future options, I have wired for system modular with the main zone upgraded to 5.1.

I am trying to find any guide in which I can see what would be required if this was to be an Opus 5.1 system Preferbly the octopus.

The wiring I have for the other zones seems to be almost universal and in any case I will be able to access to change things later.

Thank you in anticipation

Ok here we go
No Octopus anymore Opus 300 or Cambridge incognito
No such thing as Opus 5.1 as with many systems you run a 5.1 system controlled by the multi room switch.
Generic wiring would mean following the cabling runs of speakers and controllers via the controller back box to the speaker location from the main kit location. You would need to run the required bespoke cat* cabling to accommodate the system line product.
If it was my house I would probably look at another solution e.g. Nuvo , Hd matrix, 5.1 system and a control system. Dearer maybe but in the long run a robust and pleasant system to live with. HTH Shorty.

Cheers for the replies, I have installed all the necessary cabling for the systemline modular with the main room as 5.1.

As for "what I want" well that will be distributed audio and video from a central location to all habitable rooms, I do not want any keypads of any description on the rooms walls all control needs to be via remote to the speakers.

As for budget well first fix is cheap relativity speaking and for the moment that's all I'm installing, I'm very experienced at installing all manner of systems & cabling so I have been doing that, I may get some commissioning help when I come to fitting out if needed.

Budget well for the moment I'm not too concerned with it I keep stock of cat5 cat 6 Various coaxial and Lutron standard cables so the costs here are not an issue. its more about getting the correct first fix to build on to a chosen system.

I do have Cat5 to the speakers and I was initially concerned with this - Not exactly speaker cable but after a little reading I realised it was not carrying amplified sound.

At the moment I can install anything the ceilings are all down I originally considered QED silver anniversary for no other reason than I like the quality!

Everything will be in the cupboards all I want to see is a tv screen!

As for video I again following the systemline setup installed cat 5 and expect to use composite video baluns, though I have also installed dual coax to each position.

System seems quite highly thought of as a brandand also seems to offer what I wanted however the "cat5 everywhere" approach disturbs me for some reason, that said I am as warned a Noob so can I really question the experts ?

composite video is the lowest of the low analogue video systems no HD no 3D and is about 10 years out of date for domestic use. Use speaker cable to speakers, Cat5/6 or HDMI to displays if you don't want wall plates i see absolutely no reason for you to use or even want to use systemline. It is a very low grade system I would not recommend or install it!

Silver anniversary is nice cable but over kill for In ceilings QED 16/2 or 16/4 is the defacto standard for multiroom systems

composite video is the lowest of the low analogue video systems no HD no 3D and is about 10 years out of date for domestic use. Use speaker cable to speakers, Cat5/6 or HDMI to displays if you don't want wall plates i see absolutely no reason for you to use or even want to use systemline. It is a very low grade system I would not recommend or install it!

Silver anniversary is nice cable but over kill for In ceilings QED 16/2 or 16/4 is the defacto standard for multiroom systems

Do you want a job ;)

I'm not too worried about 3d but HD would be good, though i must confess to not being to tell the difference between standard TV and HDTV - I know I know!

What systems would you personally recommend I suppose the age old problem is ask 10 guys get 10 different answers!

Did u find a solution. If you did not come back to me I know how u can do it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom