• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

System Connections...

bazlington

Standard Member
I am looking to connect my system as illustrated in the attachment. Could anyone confirm that this will be ok?

Attachments

• cleggys.JPG
    cleggys.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 68

Ralphy1981

Does your amp have scart input??

I would have thought it would be better to connect the Wii's scart to the tv.

bsuttie

Yes you won't be able to see the Wii unless the amp has the ability to convert from analogue Scart to HDMI.

The Scart is often just for audio in. What dvd/amp is it?

regards

Brian

Ralphy1981

The scart socket on the amp is probally a video out socket for customers who don't have HDMI sockets on their tv's.

bazlington

Standard Member
The amp/dvd is a Samsung HTZ310R. The thing is we want to utilise the speakers while playing the Wii. We are currently at work and have not got the Samsung HTZ310R infront of us and we cant find anywhere on the internet that tells us if it is capable of receiving a video signal from the Wii and processing it thru the HDMI cable.

My guess is that it will be able receive the sound via the red and white coaxial cables but a separate cable will be have to be run for the yellow video cable direct to the TV. Am I right?

bazlington

Standard Member
This is the updated diagram.

This is the way,I reckon, the Wii should be wired if the amp cannot convert the Wii video output thru the HDMI out to the TV. This way the sound is being run thru the amp but the video is going straight to the TV.

Am I Right?

Chris

Attachments

• cleggys.JPG
    cleggys.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 140

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Link to manual.

It does have a stereo RCA input, so that will work for the Wii. You don't say what tv you have but if it has a component input (red, green and blue RCA connection), then I would get the Wii component cable, it will give you a much better picture than the single yellow composite video connection.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
The amp/dvd is a Samsung HTZ310R. The thing is we want to utilise the speakers while playing the Wii. We are currently at work and have not got the Samsung HTZ310R infront of us and we cant find anywhere on the internet that tells us if it is capable of receiving a video signal from the Wii and processing it thru the HDMI cable.

My guess is that it will be able receive the sound via the red and white coaxial cables but a separate cable will be have to be run for the yellow video cable direct to the TV. Am I right?

you cant do that, with this system.
hdmi out,is just that, hdmi out,it wont take composite,or component and feed them out through hdmi.
you would be looking to spend a lot more money on a receiver with the ability to do that.
connect the wii directly to the tv,for video,and connect its audio ins,to the samsung,is the best you could hope to achieve,with this.
and use component for the wii, as composite is terrible.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom