Quantcast

System completion advice wanted

Craig

Novice Member
I have almost finshed put together a new system, but I am still pondering over my centre / rears

The system is
Roksan Kandy DVD
Roksan Kandy Amp
Yamaha 640 Receiver
Quad L11 / Dynaudio 42 fronts

What i am less clear about is the issue of centre / Rear / PSW

My original intention was to pick up an ex-dem / second hand pair of KEF eggs and use them to complete a 7.1 setup. However, having browsed the forums I am concerned that I may make a hash of this as my sofa is rather close to the rear wall and some people seem to find this a pain in the backside with the centre rear dominating proceedings.

So.....with a budget of 500 notes, and no problem buying second hand (if demo'd obvioulsy) what would be the suggestions aside from the Kef eggs?

Space is an issue, so pod-esque speakers are preferred to strapping a pair of bookshelfs to the wall

Hope someone can advise

Many thanks

Craig

Novice Member
What ..... no one? Oh well.

I am gonna find a dealer who can demo the Kef, Monitor Audio, and B&W set-ups

For what it's worth, having read as many other posts as i can, a further element to the question is this:

In a room wth the sofa near the rear wall is there a case for preferring 5.1 with dipole rears over 7.1 with 'egg' type speakers??

It's not my opinion - I'm just picking thoughts up from reading as many threads as I can

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Tillster
In a room wth the sofa near the rear wall is there a case for preferring 5.1 with dipole rears over 7.1 with 'egg' type
You will get different opinions from different people but I prefer bipole speakers on the side walls and no rear where the sofa is tight against the rear wall.

Top Bottom