1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System change due to new plasma?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by wokster, Oct 16, 2004.

1. wokster

wokster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am a complete novice to this so please bear with me.

I have a DAV-S800 and like the fact that it is an all in one syatem so I would like to keep it like that. The problem is that I am about to buy a Panasonic 42 Viera and have been told to go for a DVD player with progressive scan.

Does anyone know of a good all in one syestem that has progressive scan on it or could I buy just another DVD player but still use the sound from the DAV-S800.

Also if I was to sell my DAV-S800 system what would be a reasonable price to ask for it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

2. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Denon DHT 500 SD. Latest digital sound processors, 6.1/7.1 expandable, top rated in all the correct magazines (95%), PAL progressive scan, about £400 over the internet. See the threads discussing it.

Hope this helps

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    From my limited experience it appears that the plasma may do the prog scan de interlacing better, making it easier to find a Component output only system.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    All plasma will deinterlace and scale any video source before displaying it.... £400 on a DVD player will give hugely better PQ than a £400 all in one. so if you are happy with DAV400 and it has an optical input or Coaxial input then i suggest you buy a DVD recorder something like a Panny DMR-E85 and keep sony if you are happy with the sound quality from it. Or go for an all in one like the panny SC-HT37R