'System' cables on 434/504 ?

Jules Tohpipi

Hi,

The system cables (DVI style and 'Black' cable) supplied with my 434 are about four times longer than I need them to be, and dressing them down the back of the cabinet is proving a real nightmare. So I was wondering if any shorter versions are available instead ?

Also, when I was at CES in early Jan (pre-plasma ownership for me), I noticed that the Monster stand had some higher quality DVI style leads - gold plated and all that. Has anyone experimented with the 'system' cables - are they interchangeable with 'audiophile' versions at all ? (Sorry, perhaps I meant 'videophile')

Has anyone had a play ?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Lost cause

04HDE System Cable:

Colour - I thought they were all creamy white; dont think I've ever seen a Black cable set!

Length - not seen anything shorter than the 3m jobs usually supplied with the Media Box; you would have to be brave enough to chop into a spare cable and try and shorten it; though likely to introduce a bit of signal noise in the process.

DVI cable - you could shorten the video cable by replacing it with a third party cable (2.0m); you may see a very small drop in noise but dont expect night and day.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom