Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

'System' cables on 434/504 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Jules Tohpipi, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Jules Tohpipi

Jules Tohpipi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hi,

The system cables (DVI style and 'Black' cable) supplied with my 434 are about four times longer than I need them to be, and dressing them down the back of the cabinet is proving a real nightmare. So I was wondering if any shorter versions are available instead ?

Also, when I was at CES in early Jan (pre-plasma ownership for me), I noticed that the Monster stand had some higher quality DVI style leads - gold plated and all that. Has anyone experimented with the 'system' cables - are they interchangeable with 'audiophile' versions at all ? (Sorry, perhaps I meant 'videophile')

Has anyone had a play ?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    try Joe at TMF as he does the bettercables range.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,079
    Lost cause

04HDE System Cable:

Colour - I thought they were all creamy white; dont think I've ever seen a Black cable set!

Length - not seen anything shorter than the 3m jobs usually supplied with the Media Box; you would have to be brave enough to chop into a spare cable and try and shorten it; though likely to introduce a bit of signal noise in the process.

DVI cable - you could shorten the video cable by replacing it with a third party cable (2.0m); you may see a very small drop in noise but dont expect night and day.

Best regards

Joe