• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

System board fault for phillips FTR9955-12 Tuner box, Help

666asher

Standard Member
Hi Everyone,
firstly let me start by saying that after reading the threads in the forum I have to say that you guys are extremely knowledgeable, and seem to be very helpful to everyone on this site, which is great! as i have a problem.

After being giving a phillips 42 matchline plasma and tuner box from the father in law that was supposed to be in working order, buying a wall bracket for 50 notes and setting it all up, for it not to work.

When I connected it all up correctly with no remote you turn the box on, it goes green, the sound kicks in after about five secs then the box goes to yellow then red and everything stops, the screen just stays with red light on and you don't get any picture at all.

In the end i took it to a repairer and he is saying that there is no fault with the screen it is the system board in the tuner box and I am better off buying a new box for 250 pounds.

So what i need to know is:

Is there an easy solution to fixing the system board, ie: resisters or something after that fashion.

If not then can i buy a new system board, or box cheap and where from?

If no to those then is the screen compatible with any other devices or boxes so it can be used as it seems like it would be a waste to throw it.

Any help would be very helpful. thank you in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom