1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System advice required for home theatre in my cellar

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by moviemike, Aug 11, 2004.

1. moviemike

moviemike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m about to set up a home cinema in my cellar, can anyone give me some advice on my set-up. I’ve been thinking about getting a Screenplay 4800 (Projector) along with a Pioneer DV-575A (DVD player) and a Denon AVR 1604 (Receiver). I’ve been thinking about the following B&W in-wall speakers: CCM50s in my ceiling (rear), CWM 500s in the wall (front), and a LCR60 (centre channel). I’m very keen on the idea of in-wall/ceiling speakers, but am worried that I’m spending as much on them as I am on the rest of the kit put together! Any advice on this system would be much appreciated. The room is about 12x14 foot - what size screen should I go for? For anyone who’s interested here’s the “before” pic, I’ll post more as the building work starts in October!

:lease:

Attached Files:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    As you are in swindon, if you fancy listening to some inceiling surround speakers drop me a PM. Just down the M4 also have 5700 on demo in the same room.