1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Advice For Newbie

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Jkw777, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Jkw777

Jkw777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good evening,

I know you probably get a lot of these threads, but each case can be different. :)

I'm currently after a Micro system, as my current one is sounding a bit weedy and old. My budget really isn't important but I would say a max of about £300.

I've looked at the Denon DM-31, but I'm not so sure. I want a system that delivers a nice amount of healthy bass, and awesome sound quality.

What can you guys recommend? I don't want nothing TOO fancy, just something that will be a nice all rounder and to sit in my bedroom/office.

I look forward to any advice anyone has! Be sure to ask me any questions, if I haven't given enough information!

Best Regards,
    Justin :smashin:

2. CharlesElliott

CharlesElliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it has to be a micro, then the DM31 is about as good as you're going to get - although it is now quite a lot under £300 as it has been replaced by the DM33 and 35 (neither of which I have listened to yet). The latter has a DAB tuner but blows your budget.

The TEAC CRH 250 is within budget and has a DAB tuner, but isn't quite up there with the DM31.

It's a bit above budget and doesn't come with speakers, but something like the TEAC Reference 300 MkII (e.g. see http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/html/TEA-REF300-MKII-DAB.htm) would be in another class altogether. You might be able to find a good deal on it.

3. Jkw777

Jkw777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Thanks for your help there.

It seems that no one has the DM-31 in stock anymore!! :mad:

Back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

Any ideas people? :lease:

Regards,
    Justin :thumbsup:

4. CharlesElliott

CharlesElliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Superfi and Richer Sounds both claim to have stock.

If not, then either go for the DM-33 or the TEAC CR-H250 (I've just bought one of the latter and it compares well with the DM-31; plus I wanted a DAB tuner)

5. Daveace1

Daveace1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5