1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Advice - Adding a Receiver and Updating Speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cheekymonkey, Apr 5, 2005.

1. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to purchase an AV Receiver to go with my new TV/DVD Player and would really appreciate your thoughts and advice on this.

I currently have the following: -

TV : Panasonic TX32DTX40
    DVD : Panasonic DMREH50 inc 80GB HDD
    CD Player : Marantz 63 MkII KI Signature
    Speakers : Bose Acoustimass 5

I am looking at replacing the speakers and adding the AV Receiver.

AV Receiver
    The model I was looking at was the Denon AVR-2105 but the 2805 seems to be better in terms of current functionality as well as future proofing etc. Any thoughts?

Speakers
    I am looking for a 5.1 set up to start with and the potential to go to a 6.1 or 7.1 in the future. I wil be using the speakers for music as well probably 60% of the time.

I am also wanting a compact set of speakers as the room is primarily our sitting room and I don't want it to be full of speakers!

Also, the key is making sure that the speakers are right for the AVR isn't it?

I like the look of the KEF 5005 but they are a tad expensive at circa £1,000 but also thought about the KEF 2005.2's and the Wharfedale Diamond 90's.

Before I go and set up a demonstration what other speakers would you recommend and why ?

thanks in advance.