Syphon Filter; Dark Mirror online friends list. Please post here!

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it would now appear that there are a few people ordering (and receiving) Syphon Filter; Dark Mirror for the PSP, so I would start a thread here, along very similar lines Tetlee's one for Socom. Now we didin't have a very successful result for Socom, so let's make this a better turnout.

The idea is to make a list of AVForums members Syphon Filter; Dark MIrror online gamer tags. It's possible for up to 8 players to play online so we could get some AVForums games going

I'll be adding names to the list of anyone that's interested, just post your gamer tag. Maybe as suggested in the Socom thread (found at this thread; http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291488 ) we can arrange times/dates to meet up & play, I know personally I am usually online weekdays around 9pm for an hour and a half or so,

Finally, I have not entered my Tag, as my copy has not arrived yet, but it is being shipped, so should be here by the end of the week, fingers crossed.

PLEASE NOTE: that isn't released in the UK yet (early suggestions are May) but the US version is availble on import or ebay for just around £30 delivered.

AVForum Member [SF:DM online Tag]
----------------------------------------------------

R10KYJ - [R10KYJ]
Batch - [Batch]
rss - [Logan5]
steveb06 - [Stevieb]
Swainy_boy - [Swainy]
MonkeyKnuckle86 - [monkeyknuckle]
Tetlee - [Tetlee]
gdogg2k - [gdogg2k]
twin turbo - [soarerson]
Dippy - [expendable]
Media Man - [TeaVirus]

Hey up yumyum:hiya:

I've just ordered a USB charger for my PSP, I'm going to wait for that to arrive just to make sure it fully charges the battery. As soon as I have that and some juice in the poor old flatties, I'll be looking to order this game aswell. I'll pop my tag in your thread as soon as I get sorted, although I'm guessing it'll be around a month by the time I receive the charger cable & then the game.

I'll drop you a PM when I get my some charge back in my PSP to see if you're up for a little warm-up with SOCOM:smashin:

Anyway, good luck,, let's hope we can get an 8 player A/V Forum game going for this one, I was surprised with the lack of interest in SOCOM:confused:

should be getting my copy tomorrow. Tag to follow.

Tag: Batch

How do i add buddies to the game so that they appear in the buddies filter?

Thanks

Batch

Tag added.

Not sure about your question as I haven't yet received my copy, but hopefully will do soon, as I have had confirmation of dispatch :thumbsup:

Tetlee, a session on Socom sounds good. Let me know when you are sorted, and we can arrange a mutual time for the session.

Anymore tags, I know there are more people with the game;)

Ricky

There is an option in game to set up a clan (called a cell) shall i set one up for AVF?

Batch

Sounds good to me, remember to post the details of it on here, so we can all get involved.

My game still hasn't arrived, how I wished I had waited and got it from ebay:rolleyes:

Ricky

My copy arrived this morning at work, so just had a quick 1/2hr at lunchtime. Initial thoughts are very good. It controls well considering a lack of a 2nd analogue stock.

I like the extra challenges in the training sections - for example the first training mission is timed and the extra challenge is to complete it in under 1 min 35 secs by finding and using some hidden gadgets.

The intro to the main game is excellent - sets the atmosphere/scene very well. Looking good so far !

Any of you guys used dvdstars.com? they have this game for £24.55 delivered! Also have SOCOM:FTB for the same price.

http://www.dvdstars.com/product.php...0023&gad=COX7t4ECEgjZNXQ8S_BoPhiPgKD9AyDh8vgP

Might order Syphon Filter later, waiting to see if anyone has any experience or comments on them first.

[EDIT]Seems they are based in Canada, after emailing them to ask if they mark the value of their packages, received this reply "We currently value and mark our packages correctly". Probably best avoided incase of import tax.[EDIT]

Yep, add me to the list : Logan5

Batch said:
There is an option in game to set up a clan (called a cell) shall i set one up for AVF?

Batch

Ok, so i've got a cell called 'AV Forums' with tag 'AVF', however i don't think i can add people into the cell unless i've played with them!

Batch

rss added.

Still awaiting my game:rolleyes:

Ricky

Edit, game arrived now at 9.12am

Please tell guys, what's it REALLY like? I'm thinking of importing it so i can dust off my PSP as it looks like a decent game so please tell.

It's a superb game, especially the multiplayer! The controls take a bit of geting used to , but once you have mastered those the range of weapons and gadgets is excellent and the AI is actually quite clever. I would highly recommend this game!

Batch

Just ordered myself a copy from ebay, will post up my tag as soon as it arrives:hiya:

My tag is stevieb

I'm still getting used to the controls. Reached the first boss but still to figure out how to kill him.... Don't anyone spoll it for me I'll get it in the end.. !

I went online at the weekend and got my arse kicked by the yanks. It's like any online game, you will have people playing it all day every day. That was my experience when I was online with Mario Kart.

Tag added

I have been online a few times over the weekend but have yet to play an online game, as there were no familiar names:rolleyes:

Will await your post Tetlee. You won't be disappointed with the game.

Excellent, we only need 3 more (with Tetlee) to meet the full 8, so we can an exclusively AVforums Deathmatch:devil:

Ricky

So thats seven Brits ready to kick my arse instead of the Americans then...

hehe, you lot just keep off the practice, I'm bad enough at games when they're new to everyone;)

Now, i juts need to see some of you in the lobby so that i can add you to trhe cell!

Batch

I was in the lobby last night, but didn't see any of you;) So I had a game of Rogue Agent with a few American's (4 of us in total, for 15 mins). Needless to say, I was the rogue agent only once, and didn't manage to get any kills! It was still fun though.

Are any of you about tonight, I should be able to get on around 9pm until about 10.30pm.

Let me know

Ricky

Stupid question I know but can the US or Far East imports of the game work on my UK PSP?

Yes, but the psp needs to be upgraded to at least 2.60 firmware.

By the way, i was online again last night for a bit of fun, couldn't see any of you in the lobby, so played two deathmatches with the yanks. 6 in each game. Great fun, although I was killed numerous times, but I finally managed to notch up some kills in my second game. 4 in fact:)

Bring on the AVForums deathmatch:devil:

Ricky

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom