Synology NAS with Sricam SP007 CCTV

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, just thought I'd pass on my experience with this relatively cheap CCTV camera I purchased to work with the Synology Surveillance S/W on my NAS drive.
Main info to pass on is that this camera is compatible with the Synology SW. However the Surveillance SW does not automatically find it, you need to configure it manually as per the attached screenshot (your IP address will be different).
You only need to use the Sricam S/W to set up the camera (and occasionally update the time). Without the Synology S/W it would be a far less useful camera. I'm using it in WiFi mode and it's pretty reliable. It has an inbuilt Micro SD card which I thought may be useful but the Synology recording capability pretty much obviates the need.
The cameras are available on eBay, I paid £70 for two. I'm very pleased with the results, a very capable twin camera CCTV system with constant recording to mp4 files and remote viewing capability for only £70. And the Synology DS Cam app allows viewing on iOS or Android devices, or you can log onto the NAS over a web browser.

Edit: I forgot to mention one practical point - because of the design of the lead connection you need to drill a big hole - around 1inch. That may make this camera awkward if needing to drill through walls. Luckily I only had to drill through wood.

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,236
Last edited:
I too am using a Synology NAS (DS214play). I'm using it for Time Machine, File Station (obviously!), Audio Station (rarely these days), and Surveillance Station. I've played with many more apps and there are so many more things you can do with these boxes, they're so versatile.

I use a QVIS camera but will be buying another 2 soon. The only problem with exceeding 2 is that you need to buy a camera license, but it's not too expensive. I've been using this setup for quite some time now, and I have to say that Surveillance Station has really come a long way in the last couple of years. It's still nowhere near as good as a sophisticated dedicated DVR. Put it this way: I did think about getting a dedicated DVR and giving up on SS, but actually I'm now thinking of upgrading my NAS instead.

The one thing that I'm trying to solve is the endless motion triggers due to sun/cloud cover changes. I've not looked into it, but I'm betting here again this is something that only high-end equipment can distinguish.

Hi, just thought I'd pass on my experience with this relatively cheap CCTV camera I purchased to work with the Synology Surveillance S/W on my NAS drive.
Main info to pass on is that this camera is compatible with the Synology SW. However the Surveillance SW does not automatically find it, you need to configure it manually as per the attached screenshot (your IP address will be different).
You only need to use the Sricam S/W to set up the camera (and occasionally update the time). Without the Synology S/W it would be a far less useful camera. I'm using it in WiFi mode and it's pretty reliable. It has an inbuilt Micro SD card which I thought may be useful but the Synology recording capability pretty much obviates the need.
The cameras are available on eBay, I paid £70 for two. I'm very pleased with the results, a very capable twin camera CCTV system with constant recording to mp4 files and remote viewing capability for only £70. And the Synology DS Cam app allows viewing on iOS or Android devices, or you can log onto the NAS over a web browser.

Edit: I forgot to mention one practical point - because of the design of the lead connection you need to drill a big hole - around 1inch. That may make this camera awkward if needing to drill through walls. Luckily I only had to drill through wood.
Thank you that man :thumbsup: Just got a cheap Sricam and was struggling to get it working with my nas. All good now apart from you can't have a live view in chrome.

Last edited:
Now installed two Sricam SP0013 cameras and set them up with my Synology NAS and it just works! I'm amazed, usually these things never seem to go well for me but this time happy days :smashin:.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom