• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Synology nas (DS215j), keep losing shared folder connection? (mac)

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Guys been having a complete mare with my synology DS215j nas. Thought I'd got it all sorted but now it keep losing connection to my mac? One minute I can access the shared folders, then its gone and I get an error? Same when download to it with filezilla, works for a few minutes then time out, reconnects and so on.... Anyone got a clue what going on with this thing please? Wish I'd never bothered with it, right PITA. So frustrated!! :mad:

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 13.36.46.png

cjed

Have you external USB hard disks connected to the Synology NAS, or is it just using internal disks ? If they're external, what type are they, and is that where the data is located ?

cjed

OK, a little more information - how is the NAS connected to your home network ? And how is the PC /device you're seeing the connection errors connected to your home network ?

True Romance

Distinguished Member
I turned off mac file services and just stuck to smb. No issues since. Thats a 215j too, with several El Capitan clients.
Thanks. So did you have the same issues? What's the concequence of turning off mac file services?

rednotdead

I got the 'original item can't be found' quite a bit. Not seen it since I switched off mac file services. I upgraded recently to the 215j running DSM5.x from an xpenology running DSM4.x and I never had any issues with the xpenology.

Since turning off mac file services I've not had any issues. El Capitan (and Yosemite) has better smb support than previous versions of OSX.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom