Synology DS213J with two PS3's

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by metaphor101, Aug 5, 2013.

1. metaphor101

metaphor101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I just set up my Synology DS213J at the weekend and everything went well, apart from my sons PS3. Basically, the NAS works well with other wired and wireless devices in my home network apart from a wireless PS3. It streams perfectly to my other PS3, although this is wired. It also connects perfectly to a wireless WDTV which is located right beside the problem PS3. I may be wrong, but I have ruled out a router issue as it works with other devices wirelessly. I have also checked settings on the problem PS3 and media server is enabled and it says UPnP is okay. Therefore, I think it must be related to having two PS3's on the same network, but I just can't solve it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,127
    Not all wireless is equal, wireless link on your sons PS3 may be not be performing as well due to various factors like location, interference. Easy way out, buy a set of homeplugs and use those instead of wireless, you could even hook the WDTV up to it as well with those ones.

If you think it may be a software issue on the NAS disable the internal media server, download the TVMobili Synology package and install the app, this is a replacement UPnP/DLNA server, you can use it free with a data cap or pay to remove but for this just test it out and see if the problem repeats.

3. metaphor101

metaphor101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The PS3 and WDTV are located next to each other and the PS3 wireless connection for gaming, surfing, etc is fine.

However, I have a set of homeplugs in the house, so I will try that tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.