Synology 2413 plus Help

Quick calculation you'll need 150TB to 300TB of storage for 3000 movies in original disc formats.

You'll need 10 bay-20 bay NAS, that's with the HD in no reducation due to paritioning, or file system paritions.

So that NAS supports 14TB drives?

Synology is quite reserved when it comes to low HD space, I usually have 100GB left and it still has warning message.

Quick calculation you'll need 150TB to 300TB of storage for 3000 movies in original disc formats.

You'll need 10 bay-20 bay NAS, that's with the HD in no reducation due to paritioning, or file system paritions.

So that NAS supports 14TB drives?

Synology is quite reserved when it comes to low HD space, I usually have 100GB left and it still has warning message.
i have 2 12bay synology nas bought used person who i bought one off was using 14tb drives as i asked the question also i messaged nas compares online who have a youtube channel too the same question and said i would be fine too before i bought them.
ive found synology takes around 500gig for itself per drive which i didnt know would happen.

Personally I'd just remux the movies to H265. If a movie is at least 50GB and upto 100GB in original formats, it's just too big.

Even with my single 8TB I don't fit that many movies on it (and your movies collection is way bigger and on mine they're 4-8GB per movie.

Putting 3000 x 1080-4K movies just seems a little unrealistic.

tbh I'd just get up and insert the BD when the movie is to be played lol, rather than 20x 14TB drives, cost of thousands of pounds plus expensive NAS.

Personally I'd just remux the movies to H265. If a movie is at least 50GB and upto 100GB in original formats, it's just too big.

Even with my single 8TB I don't fit that many movies on it (and your movies collection is way bigger and on mine they're 4-8GB per movie.

Putting 3000 x 1080-4K movies just seems a little unrealistic.

tbh I'd just get up and insert the BD when the movie is to be played lol, rather than 20x 14TB drives, cost of thousands of pounds plus expensive NAS.
i know whant your saying i have a lot of 30s - 50s old movies[i like my classic movies] most came out at 20-30gig per film using dvdfab for ripping.
my 4ks range from 50gig-80gig per film which is big i have thought about remux these.
i had most of the 14tb drives already as i had a windows pc in a fractal design r2xl case which held around 19 drives with hba cards which was a bit of a pain with windows updates messing my shares to my zidoo streamer so decided to go the nas root but was surprised i wasnt able to copy a full 14tb from the pc to a 14tb in the synology which took 500gig off per drive.
its taking me ages to copy stuff across
i now what you mean with just putting the disc in a player not got the room for thousands a discs as well well my music collection,i just put my discs in my loft for storage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom