Synelec LiteMaster 1000 67 Video Wall dead?

Pacetree

Standard Member
Reaction score
Would have replied to my own thread but it was over 237 days old so the forum wouldn't have any of that so quoting;

Synelec LiteMaster 1000 67 Video Wall dead?
Hi Guys.

I own a Synelec LM1000 which has a Texas instruments DLP projector inside and recently it stopped working... permanently. This thing is OLD. I think it served a tour of duty in a NOC for some time before being revamped (new Bulb, PSU and possibly other replacement parts) and then passed on to me about 4 years ago.

It has had a reasonable amount of use both as a TV in my old Flat and now just for me to watch the odd show here and there in my room. In February 2009 it decided to die and I thought all was lost. After about a month I think I came home drunk, turned it on and then gave it a kick and miraculously it came back to life and worked with no problems for the next year.

A couple of months ago it started dropping out again. I'd be watching a show and then hear a click and the picture would go black (bulb turning off?) and colour wheel would spool down. This happened a couple of times intermittently and always a good whack would sort it out for a bit longer... up until now that is. Now the colour wheel refuses to spool up and the bulb refuses to turn on. I can hear the normal fans running but no picture.

Is my bulb gone? (£900 to replace apparently) or is it possibly some other component that I could replace at a little less cost?

I just went out to the shops and left the thing on. When I came back it was working! ...but only for about 5 minutes. Now it's doing this perpetual cycle of the colour wheel spooling up and then down but the bulb is refusing to turn on again. Any ideas?

***237 days later****

Hi guys, I'm back...

I bought a new bulb assuming it was that and I've just spent the last 2 hours changing the housing over. I've fired it up and now the bulb nor the colour wheel seem to want to fire up. The general circuitry seems fine. I've replaced the bulb exactly as it was in before. I was extremely careful.

Prior to changing the bulb you could hear the colour wheel spool up and then a click and it would wind down again. This cycle would repeat...

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers in advance..

Hello,
I find 4 pcs. of synelec lm1000/50 in a warehouse and I do not know
how to connect them into a wall. Do I need some software....
thanks,

peter

Well if the units power up ...the fans power up and you hear electro static charges...thats the power up progress...if you see no light 90% chance the bulb is dead...needs to be exact watt...and yes you need software to calibrate and adjust rgb for example

I received software and pdf's ... Pm me if you want a copy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom