Syncmaster 941MW TV picture not working

VegaVegas

Novice Member
I obtained Samsung Syncmaster 941MW monitor/TV just recently locally. It was packed and sent to me and after I opened it and plugged it in, I THINK everything worked just fine. Once I turned it on, I saw the TV static that was gray with black pixels, something you would expect to see from these Samsung monitors. However, after I plugged an old console through SCART... the picture went absolutely glitchy and insane and still remains broken to this moment. As far as I can see, all TV functions are not working and everything is completely glitched. When I tested PC through VGA cable, it works fine however. I plugged in audio and it also worked fine on speakers.

Here is the outline of what works and what doesn't:
WORKING:
-all TV menus
-VGA port (with audio)

Half working:
-VGA with PIP mode (VGA works fine, little TV picture is just as glitchy)

NOT WORKING:
-TV channels (glitchy picture)
-composite (glitchy picture, I can hear some glitched sound even though only video is connected)
-SCART (glitchy picture)
-component YPbPr (glitchy picture)

I replaced caps inside the power board as 3 of them were bulged but it didn't change the behavior. Here are some photos:
Ny1TX58.jpg

VdI7Ukq.jpg

It looks kinda serious but it is weird at the same time that all TV functions somehow snapped but VGA remains fully working in all resolutions. Here is the service manual:

Is SDRAM broken?? Might be the controller chip. Thanks for your suggestions in advance

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom