Syncing SMS messages via iTunes?

TonerP

Standard Member
Reaction score
Basically i need to wipe my iPhone 4 to resolve a couple of issue's im having. I understand pictures, videos, songs can be sync'd via iTunes.. And also contacts can be sync'd via the 'info' tab in iTunes. But is there anyway i can sync SMS messages through iTunes? The tricky bit being, i can't just make a back-up and do it thay way because that brings the issues i'm having with it (already tried)!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. And thanks in advance.

Basically i need to wipe my iPhone 4 to resolve a couple of issue's im having. I understand pictures, videos, songs can be sync'd via iTunes.. And also contacts can be sync'd via the 'info' tab in iTunes. But is there anyway i can sync SMS messages through iTunes? The tricky bit being, i can't just make a back-up and do it thay way because that brings the issues i'm having with it (already tried)!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. And thanks in advance.

I always thought texts were backed up anyway? I have reset and wiped my iphone and when reset on itunes on os x, my texts were restored; mind you that was on an earlier iphone, so I can't imagine why not for the ip4

If you are gonna restore and set up as a new phone (to resolve your issues) then I don't think there is anyway to get the text messages back. If you are on o2, do you use bluebook as they will be in there?

How many important messages do you have? You could always forward the ones you want to a friend then get them to send them back to you after restore. Personally I routinely delete all my messages so not an issue for me. Important ones I copy and paste into notes then I have the info in there (you can't get them back as messages that way but you still have the info and notes sync via iTunes)

I always thought texts were backed up anyway? I have reset and wiped my iphone and when reset on itunes on os x, my texts were restored; mind you that was on an earlier iphone, so I can't imagine why not for the ip4

Yep, your right, but that isnt what i can do. As in original quote, i can not just back up because this wont resolve my problem. I need to just put the file back over after iPhone has been wiped.

Perhaps tell us what your problem is and we could maybe resolve that so you can make a good backup.

Ok, well this was my original post on another site (mainly for JB's).

As above.. So basically, i used to have a 3gs running cydia etc. I downloaded an app from cydia which enabled me to delete 'O2 UK' and the clock from the status bar and replace them with whatever i wish. I at the time had 'HTC Andriod' (to relate to the theme i was running). I then broke my 3gs and got a new iPhone 4. I got all of my data to transfer over from the last made back up. However this is where the issue came. On my lovely shiny brandnew iPhone 4 i've got 'HTC Andriod' on the status bar. There were no other signs of the previous jailbreak. Ive now downloaded cydia through 'jailbreakme' but every app i find that looks like it might possibly work, just wont touch it. And i would love to get that clock back. If there are no apps which will do this.. Then is there anyway i can get my SMS messages back on this iphone after it's been wiped back to factory settings as you can do with contacts and pictures etc. Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom