1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SYNCING AUDIO &VIDEO

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by asimmd, Jan 11, 2005.

1. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi All
    I have successfully recorded myself playing my guitar and am able to transfer the footage to P.C editing in Pinnacle 9.3
    The Audio quality using the camcorders microphones leaves a lot to be desired,so I would ideally like to record myself playing,then syncronise a wav file created in Cubase over the Video instead of the original Audio track.
    Can anyone tell me if this is possible and what software I would most likely need.
    Many Thanks
    Alan

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best advice, re-record the whole thing with the camcorder and a seperate audio recorder running at the same time. Create a synch point that is audible to both the camcorder and the audio recorder.

Is it an electric guitar or an acoustic? If it's electric you will need to runa line from your recorder into an amp so there is sufficient noise for the camcorder to at least record a guide track for synching.

If it's an acoustic I would recommend an AKG C1000 mic, again into an MD or DAT recorder.

Do you have a mixer?, some mixers can be switched to give you a mic level output, which can be plugged into your cameras auxilliary mic input (if it has one, what kind of cam is it?)

3. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Roy
    Thanks for the reply.I have a full Audio studio in the spare bedroom running Cubase with all the outboard effects I need.The camcorder is a JVC GR- DVL 355 and I don't think it has a seperate audio input.If it did,I think this may solve my problem?
    Question is,if that is correct,do I go buy a new camcorder and which one?
    Cheers
    Alan

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just record onto your home studio deck then import that into your editing system.
    the important thing is to have some audio recorded on the camcorder, purely for synch, thus, if it's an electric run it through a small amp.