• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

synching with new itunes

wbabbington

Is there a way to to sync itunes with whats on the phone rather then the phone synching with itunes?

The itunes that my phone is tied too is on a very old laptop that takes literally hours to do anything and is virtually dead. Im dreading how long 3.0 is going to take.

When SWMBO bought an iphone the other week she decided that rather than wait hours for her to initally sync whe would buy herself a new laptop. So her's is now tied to a great new fast laptop, that I would like to get mine synched with.

But of course when ive tried it just gives the standard message that if I continue with synching then it will wipe everything from my phone. I dont have music on it so am not bothered about that but have lots of apps (both free and paid for) that I dont want to lose.

Is there anything that I can do?

Cheers

gbailey141

If I remember correctly you can only synch one iPhone with itunes.

StevieDvd

I believe the list of apps , both free and purchased, is registered in your account at the Itunes store.

I did a restore and when I installed the same app it told me I had already purchased it and downloaded it again. I've done this since and have my apps on both my phones.

You can confirm the process by removing & re-installing a free app, just in case Apple treat me as special for some reason!! :cool:

There are programs which allow you to 'backup' music from say an ipod to another computer, I guess these may work with iphones too, but not sure they handle apps as well.

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
Why not create another "user" on her laptop, then open itunes under your user account on the laptop :smashin: used to work for me n the mrs :smashin:

Tony

wbabbington

Thanks guys, some good ideas there. :smashin:

I have read about the apps being stored on your itunes account but have never read anything by someone that has actually used that facility to get back their lost apps. So its good to hear somebody that has done it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom