Question Synch music after iphone reset

meltonboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I did an iPhone reset and then restored my phone. Now plugged it into my laptop and opened up itunes but the music wont synch. I can see it in my library and my phone is seen. When i go to music i would expect to see synch settings (i think) but all i see is a check box for voice memos. I don't synch over icloud as I only have the basic 5gb.

Im sure when i last did a synch 3 weeks ago I plugged in and it just worked. I haven't changed anything on my phone manually.

Please can you help ?

Thanks

MB

Seems to be to do with “sync music” setting in music on my phone. I disabled this and the music went over.

How are you supposed to sync music libraries through iTunes these days? I have about 1,500 songs ripped from my CDs plus a few downloads as well as Apple Music free trial. I think that iCloud is limited to 5gb? Whichwouldn’t be anywhere near enough. I’m confused why it seems to be so fiddly now, so maybe I haven’t set it up right?

MB

But iTunes has changed in that time and I'm sure there will have been updates and changes. Have you got a version number?

iTunes normally places its setup in the Music folder that you usually have as a shortcut in Explorer. When you reset a device it loses this. I have found it is better to store the music in a separate folder altogether. Then hold shift down when you click on the iTunes icon. You should get a small window like this -
iTunes.jpg

You can then create the library wherever you like or open the correct library if you know where it is. Now you may be wondering how does it know which library to open if you have more than 1 ?(I do I have 3 for 3 devices). If you don't do the shift thing it will just open the last one it used.

Thanks all. I'll check the version number. just to confirm, it was the phone that reset, not the laptop.

I think i solved it already (see my second post). This has worked. Not sure why..

MB

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom