1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syncblaster + Plasma Problem :(

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 911uk, Jun 17, 2002.

1. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any problems getting this cable to work with a Pany Plasma? All I get is fuzzy multicoloured mess on the screen when connected to my Sky box. I know my RGB ins and outs are OK as I made up my own RGB cable using the sync on composite. Have tried it with and without power, makes no difference.

Cheers all,
    Phil.

2. turnergw

turnergw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure the input mode is set to sync on H&V, not on green or video. Also check the 'pull-in range' settings - I think it needs to be set to narrow, not wide - I seem to recall having the same problem when I started fiddling about with this setting!

You'll probably find it does need external power - it certainly does for my ITV digital box, although the DVD player is fine without external power.

3. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, tried those settings but to no avail, I also checked the connections with a continuity tester. Oh well, looks like it's knackered!

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    If this is the Keene electronics thing then I suggest you send it back for credit and buy John Sims. I got a call from a chap with a fujitsu who had bought one of these for his itv digital box rgb output.He couldn't get it to work either.

I popped over with my JohnSim dem unit and a lead and....worked first time...

Gordon

5. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is from Keene. Seems odd to me that they would send something out like this without even testing it first. Now I have to go through the hassle of posting it back.

Gordon, can you post some info on that box? web site etc.

Cheers

6. turnergw

turnergw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, the Keene cable certainly gets the thumbs up from me. I have one running my ITV Digibox and DVD player into a Panasonic 42". Personally, I can't recommend it highly enough. Picture quality and colour definition are absolutely outstanding.

Unlucky with your cable if it is a duff one, 911uk - I'm sure they'll replace it though if that's the case. I'll check my settings tonight if you like, and let you know what I've got all the input parameters set to. Are you using the VGA or 5*BNC lead?

7. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was very impressed with the picture just by using my own RGB lead over the comp input - so if the SyncBlaster betters that, then it'll be worth getting it replaced if faulty.

Thanks, very kind. I'm using the BNC lead.

8. turnergw

turnergw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    911uk, these are the settings I'm using with the SyncBlaster VGA lead:

Signal menu:
    Sync: H&V
    Pull in Range: Narrow
    Clamp position: Set to far left of scale

Frequency H: 15.6
    Frequency V: 50

When I fiddled with the pull in range, I ended up with a garbled mess as you've described. I had to unplug the cable, turn off the display, then turn it back on, set it back to narrow, then plug the cable back in before the signal reappeared.

Hope something there helps - although it sounds like you've probably tried every combination already!

9. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I shall try the same settings tonight and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,
    Phil.

10. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No go :( will have to send it back for a replacement me thinks.

11. ajb

ajb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

FACTUAL REMARK

I have ordered a few things from Keene last couple of weeks and two items have had to be returned for replacement because they were faulty. Good as gold for replacing them but the delay is annoying.

Regards
    Andrew