Sync problems

peshi

Standard Member
Reaction score
How do I turn all auto sync functions?

Having several problems.
Ive lost loads of bento contacts
My address book went from 200 contacts to 60 000

This has all happend since using my new HTC desire HD and google sync.

I wish I could swap it for iphone 4.

I have merged all contacts several times on my mac and on google but it still does it.

There was a Bento upgrade a few days back (after 10.6.5) that warned it should be installed immediately, could that be a factor? Also Bento offers to back up each time its run can you fall back to your backup?

Bento doesn't store the contacts in its own files but links to the Address Book ones instead. As such you wont stop it if I am not mistaken.

Have you tried exporting your 200 contacts, then delete all in addressbook, and delete all in Google. Then remove or disable the google link in address book. On your DHD go to menu-settings-accounts/sync and switch off all those facebook links and other syncs. Once you are certain they are all three clean, just copy the exported contacts back in on the Mac. Check they are ok. Then enable the google account and get it to sync with google contact. Make certain that is clean. And then only enable google sync on your DHD, make certain that is clean.

The bit I like but also hate is that HTC Sense is using the notes field for xml tags to sync with facebook/twitter etc. If that goes wrong, it goes wrong. I've been luck but switched it off.

Good luck.

Bento does store any additional fields you add to contacts, hence my reference to using the backup.

Agreed and if it did backup the actual address book that would be great. But I don't think it stores those in the address book but in the filemaker db itself.

I ddint back up, dam.

I have now lost over halve my contacts.

I didnt want to pay for missing sync has anyone tried it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom