1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync On Green Problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ljhanney, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ljhanney

ljhanney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Help!!!

I am a "not so proud owner" of a Denon DHT 500SD DVD system (with many ongoing problems). My latest problem is that I have recently purchased a Toshiba 37WL56 LCD and trying to connect the DVD to the TV via Component to (a compatible) VGA. The TV is fully compatible with this connectivity however when I connect the Denon I get a picture but its in green. I have set the options to component etc etc etc. I have also tried a second cheaper DVD player via the same connection and it works fine.

Spoke to Toshiba Tech Support... Extremely helpful and suggested that it was a Sync On Green setting on the Denon system and advised me to speak to Denon themselves. Rang Denon Tech Support - not so helpful and very disinterested, basically said that I would have to try and see if I get the same problem when connecting to component to component (which I don't have the facility to try this) and if the problem is still there to contact the Seller and arrange to send the equipment back for repair?... He also mentioned that the was no Sync control option in the Denon Menu System...

I'd appreciate anybody's help or opinions on this!!!

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just a thought is the VGA component (YUV) or RGB compatible?

3. ljhanney

ljhanney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definately YUV compatible...

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well then it does look like a problem with the component out on the 500. Have you tried turning progressive scan on or off?

As unhelpful as the Denon guy may have been it is worth going to the place you got it from with just the amp bit and testing it with another display that has got component in, rather then a VGA thats compatible with.