• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sync issues?

dniq

Standard Member
Hi all!

It seems that my Onkyo 606 is having issues syncing with my Xbox360 and my Mac Mini: when I connect them via HDMI to the receiver, about 2 minutes after I turn them on the receiver starts to go crazy: it starts switching from mode to mode (PCM, Dolby Digital et cetera), and the TV starts going crazy along with it, showing pretty much all messages it can possibly show - no signal, different modes et cetera. It goes on like that for about 10 minutes, then starts working fine, until I turn it off for awhile.

The weird part is that it works fine for some time when I turn everything on the first time, for a couple of minutes, and only then starts acting up.

If I plug either the Xbox or Mac directly into my TV (Sony Bravia 46" XBR8) - everything works fine.

I've also triedswapping cables around, to no avail.

Anybody knows why us this happening and if there is a way to fix this?

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom