Sync conbining help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by m0v1em4n, Nov 7, 2001.

1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi all,

Need to connect my Barco 708 data up to a HTPC, my problem is that there is only a Composite sync which, as I understand I need a combining box to combine the Horizontal and Vertical sync signals,
    I have found this site that sell what I believe is what i want, but would be grateful if some one could take a look and confirm whether it would suit my needs,

The web address is VGA TO RGB

Or any info on how I could connect my 708 data up to an HTPC would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advanced

Steve

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,548
    No, I don't think that's the ideal solution.
    You need VGA to R,G,B and combined sync. That thing only has 3 outputs, so it must be putting sync on green.
    I'm pretty sure Barcos can run with sync on green but it may not be the best way to hook them up.
    I've read recently here that you can just get a BNC T piece, set the syncs to negative in the PC and simply hook up both to the Sync input.
    Otherwise so a search for 'combine H+V sync' type key words and see if you can find a circuit diagram and build a box yourself.
    I did this and my Dad built it.
    Here's a useful page

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Use power strip to set the syncs to Negative then it is quite safe to "T" piece the H and V together which is all combined sync is.