Syd Barrett tribute, picture problem??

Leaat23

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got the chance to watch the Syd Barrett tribute that was aired on BBC2 Thursday night, the only problem is that half way through the program the picture starts to get a green huw to it and then turns totally green, I'm using a Grundig GSD 3000 sky box connected to a Panasonic DVD recorder, never had any problems before and I have checked settings and connections and cannot find anything wrong. Did anyone else watch this program through sky, did you get any problems with the picture??

I Sky+'d it on Thusday night, watched it Friday morning - all absolutley fine no greenies here.

(SkyHD box)

you can get the 2 disc special/ultimate/whatever edition from play.com for £5.99 btw, i just found out and ordered it myself. the doc was shown on tv about 5 or 6 years ago and syd saw it and enjoyed it (his sister said so)

Cheers guys,

Looks like Ill be buying the DVD then:thumbsup:

unique said:
you can get the 2 disc special/ultimate/whatever edition from play.com for £5.99 btw, i just found out and ordered it myself. the doc was shown on tv about 5 or 6 years ago and syd saw it and enjoyed it (his sister said so)

can i assume you're joking about the fact your sister knew him or is there something you should be telling us all now??:thumbsup:

zico martin said:
can i assume you're joking about the fact your sister knew him or is there something you should be telling us all now??:thumbsup:

i never said said anything about my sister, i said "HIS sister said so" - his sister would very occasionally talk about his brother, altho syd would completely avoid the press. he never even had a tv in his house, and lived with his mother until she died. the fact that he actually watched the show is relatively a big deal as he shunned the music business since the early 70s. he couldn't understand the continued interest in some pop songs he wrote years ealier. he did comment that he enjoyed hearing some of the songs again in the documentary tho

there's a bit about this on the brain damage site

unique said:
i never said said anything about my sister, i said "HIS sister said so" - his sister would very occasionally talk about his brother, altho syd would completely avoid the press. he never even had a tv in his house, and lived with his mother until she died. the fact that he actually watched the show is relatively a big deal as he shunned the music business since the early 70s. he couldn't understand the continued interest in some pop songs he wrote years ealier. he did comment that he enjoyed hearing some of the songs again in the documentary tho

there's a bit about this on the brain damage site

sorry for the misunderstanding but that is great to hear he got some pleasure from it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom