1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SXRD - Better than DLP and LCD?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ricco, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Ricco

Ricco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't see a thread on it, so thought I would ask.

As you are all probably aware, Sony a very shortly pulling out of the LCD panel manufacturing market for projectors leaving manufacturers a choice of either Epson LCD's or TI DLP's.

I've been reading many reports over the last couple of years about Sony's new technology SXRD. In actual fact it's nothing very new as it's just an enhanced version of LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon, allows you to print circuit boards on the glass substraites).
    Hi res at 1920 x 1080 and a contrast of 3000:1.

I know Sony are going to launch a model April, an it ain't going to be cheap at £14,000.00 but they reckon it's the dog's.

Anyway, I'm looking for comments if anyone has seen one or has heard anything more than I've listed above.

2. Woz!

Woz!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's bound to come out at sub £1000 within months and outperform LCD by miles, as I'll be taking delivery of my first PJ very soon :laugh:

3. AV-Will

AV-Will

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted a link to more info about this projector, but it was deleted! :eek: