• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SX-HTE80 No Sound

Elders

Novice Member
Hi all, I have a TX-42AS520B TV, and I have purchased a SX-HTE80 sound bar. I've connected them via HDMI(to the ARC Out/HDMI in specs as described). Viera Link is on. The audio switches to Home Theatre mode when turned on. The Volume increases on the sound bar with the TV. But there is no audio output from the soundbar. I've searched through the settings for hours to no avail, at a complete loss, about to return the soundbar, any advice welcome. Thanks.

MultiRoom

Are there any other inputs on the soundbar you can use to rule out the fact it might be faulty. If you can connect something to either a phono or 3.5mm input on the soundbar then you'll know a bit more. If you get nothing from one or the other of those, box it up and send it back.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom