Swopping Macs with the wife.

aldinho

Standard Member
Ok here is my scenario, I have a Mini Mac (late 2012) 2.5 GHZ intel Core i5 16gb ram, 480Gb SSD and I have boot camp with windows 10 loaded but to be fair I don't really use the Windows 10 I had this on the swop from windows to Mac based os and now I don't use at all I am running Catalina, its a lovely machine but I do a lot of video and picture authoring and the mini Mac takes forever, my wife has a IMAC Retina 5K late 2014 3.5 GHZ quad core intel i5 24Gb ram and a 1 TB SSD running on Big Sur, now I spend a lot of time on her Mac doing the authoring of the videos but what I want to do is SWOP the Macs so I have hers and she has mine, I have time machine on both Macs, so how do I go about transferring from mine to hers and from hers to mine, ???, I have read about migration assistant but its normally from an old Mac to a new one , any body have any ideas if I could just use the Time machines to do each separate computer, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, oh and the other option is I buy a new Mini Mac with the new M1 chip and happy days but if I can seamlessly do it without then I would prefer that.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom