• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Swop for MR or not?

Rolo Tomasi

Established Member
I purchased a Pioneer DV989 last Saturday, R2 in perfect condition and, based upon one viewing, it works well. The shop has now offered to replace it with a multiregion modified one free of charge.

All my dvd's are R2. I don't particularly want any other region ones. However, the MR mod may improve it's saleability in the long run and give me more options on my dvd purchases.

So, should I swop it or stick with the one I have?

Hackeroonie

Established Member
Rolo Tomasi

Personally I would swap without even a second thought ...besides the fact that as you said it will improve its saleability ...you may end up some time in the future with other Region DVD'S......Never say never.

Swap for the Multiregion...:thumbsup:

Hackeroonie

paffren

Established Member
I found a handset hack for my dvd player as I bought "Neverwhere" on region 1 as it is not available in region 2 despite being made by the BBC. Just do it, it's your right to be able to play dvd's from anywhere.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom